Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus CLASSIC series?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch Malloy wrote:
Once you get used to the big neck nothing else measures up. Bacchus has mojo and vibe. There is a lot of heart and pride going into them.

Tell it, brother!
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I plan to. It's funny though I've offered to really help them and it seems like they are afraid to get big. Which I guess is really the best thing yet. When these companies get too big they turn to ^&*(. But I'm telling everyone I know all over the world and they are all sayin who? Lol Bacc what?
japtone
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spotted this on digimart a live road universe series, change the TRC and you would be hard pressed to tell it from a japanese one. You can spot subtle differences when compared side by side like the centre cleft in the open book is deeper on the japanese one and finer swirly bits in the live road decal but unless you look at them together it,s not easy to tell, just a note of caution for anyone looking to buy one here is what a real japanese version looks like.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told them they should stop doing that. I mean they are cheapening themselves by confusing the issue. Those gtrs should be called cheap knock offs from Korea model. It's a lot to fit on the headstock though. But it pisses me off that they would do a cheap line and call it the same name as their last high end line. Not smart.

Last edited by Mitch Malloy on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spinoo
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I've been sold this GT as a BLS-59, and while it's a one-piece body the headstock mustache looks more like the recent ones:

Do I have to worry?
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch Malloy wrote:
I told them they should top doing that. I mean they a cheapening themselves by confusing the issue. Those gtrs should be called cheap knock offs from Korea model. It's a lot to fit on the headstock though. But it pisses me off that they would do a cheap line and call it the same name as their last high end line. Not smart.

Tokai's guilty of the same
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess they need to make money but hell I'm keeping them in business just buying guitars for myself.
japtone
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinoo i wouldn,t worry too much these are all hand made and are all different to some extent, but some further investigation cant hurt, things that arent hand made are the things to check like decals hardware and electrics i,ve now got three bacchus and one on the way and the serial no looks different on each one of them including my two dukes and the serial no on them is only two digits apart, it,s as if each craftsman uses different tools and does it differently, yours is quite an early example and you should try to compare to ones of a similar era, you will have to do some detective work to be sure, posting some more detailed pics on here might help, underside of bridge and tailpeice front of headstock, pickup cavity and control cavity are a good start, one question springs to mind is the bacchus name inlayed into the headstock mother or pearl or just kinda plain white.?
Spinoo
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer! Yeah the Bacchus logo appears to be MOP or equivalent. I'll post other pictures!
GammyBird
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...I though I posted this already but WTF, I'll do it again.

I just finished reading through all 20 pages of this thread and figured I'd post some pictures of the Bacchus Classic that is on the way from Japan now. Hopefully I'll have it in my hands by the middle of next week. I hope I'm as happy with it as Mitch is with his

Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will love it and I don't know where you are but the EAS I think it's called shipping to the USA takes 2 days. Freakishly fast. IT's very nice by the way. Nicer looking than mine I would say. My Black Custom is the best guitar in the world though. LOL At least to me. The Evertune bridge is the greatest invention since the guitar itself I would say. Amazing. Extremely happy. Cannot play any other guitars now.
GammyBird
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch Malloy wrote:
You will love it and I don't know where you are but the EAS I think it's called shipping to the USA takes 2 days. Freakishly fast. IT's very nice by the way. Nicer looking than mine I would say. My Black Custom is the best guitar in the world though. LOL At least to me. The Evertune bridge is the greatest invention since the guitar itself I would say. Amazing. Extremely happy. Cannot play any other guitars now.

Thanks Mitch that's good to hear. I picked mine up from Yahoo Japan through Rinkya....sometimes it takes a while. I'm having mine shipped via EMS. I had a Burny bought and they waited until the Bacchus showed up at Rinkya before shipping in order to save me a few bucks on shipping charges.

Oh yeah I'm in Canada.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMS yeah that's it. FAST. :>) Good luck your gonna love it. Every guitar I get from bacchus is better than the last one and they are all great. I don't think they could possibly make anything average, not in this Line anyway.
cashcow
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? You don't say...

marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 20 of 23

Jump to: