tokai 57 PAF humbucker...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcv

Reaction score
is it better than a seymour duncan 59?
i'm talking about the neck position, for playing clean AND rock...
please advise!

'Better' is in the eye of the beholder.
I'm not a fan of these Tokai PAFs or SDs in general, but imo the SD 59s have more dynamics than the Tokai 57s.

I prefer the Tokai '57 PUs. In a Flying V, the tone is very good to my ears (warm and dynamic).
The SD '59 are not bad PUs but I prefer the SH55 to the SH1.

le juge said:
I prefer the Tokai '57 PUs. In a Flying V, the tone is very good to my ears (warm and dynamic).
The SD '59 are not bad PUs but I prefer the SH55 to the SH1.

Same here.... my 84 V has the 57's in them and they sound great.

To echo the above, I also have them in my 84 Tokai V and really like them. They both measure a bit above 9K and sound great. SDs sound pretty good in a general way to me and I also prefer the Seth Lovers.

wulfman said:
To echo the above, I also have them in my 84 Tokai V and really like them. They both measure a bit above 9K and sound great. SDs sound pretty good in a general way to me and I also prefer the Seth Lovers.

Seth Lovers are always my first choice for aftermarket PAF replacements.

marcusnieman said:
wulfman said:

Seth Lovers are always my first choice for aftermarket PAF replacements.
But those just aren't expensive enough! :-?

What should these 57 PAFs read on ohm meter? I have 2 of them that both measure over 17k ohms. Seems way high for PAF.

That is more in line with what I expected to measure. The base plates and stickers sure seem authentic, but I guess all the other parts could have been swapped.

Latest posts

Back