Bacchus DUKE

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Keith Scott (the best guitar player in the world) is ordering a 2 PU Duke like mine but all black. He wants a smaller then the normal neck though as he doesn't like huge and these are huge. I'm excited he's going to be playing a Bacchus. If you have never seen Bryan Adams live you should go. Keith is amazing.

I agree Mitch,I do like Keith?s work with Bryan Adams a lot,"Weaking up the neighbours" CD specially,I do love his touch.
Is he playing spanish guitar when performing "Have you ever love a woman" live? (Original recording is played by Paco de Lucia, I got the single in CD).

You can do a search on the Ishibashi U-Box for Gretsch and see a couple of models with a black top and natural back and sides just to get an idea of what it looks like.

I see it but mine will be a bit different as that was is a red stain mine is natural. i think it will look better. My Custom is Accident prone. It was damaged slightly by Fed Ex in shipping to the Ever Tune bridge guy. And while he was putting he bridge on he chipped it. He said the specs are different on the Bacchus then a Les paul that is why. He has to shave down the bridge so it would fit and in doing so he chipped the gold plating. Did I mention that Tim Pierce the great session player was on Leno the other night backing up one of my wife's artists she manages and he was playing his 10 year old Les paul with an ever Tune bridge. He said he would never in a million years play a Les Paul on Leno cause they won't play in tune but he was floored by the Ever Tune. Said he put new strings on in the early morning and tuned it and left it on the stand in Leno's studio which is VERY air conditioned and cold and when it was show time that afternoon he didn't have to tune it again and every chord he played was perfectly in tune. He loves the bridge. Pretty big Endorsement. Tims the guy who played on all he Rick Springfield records and a ton of other hits. He's one of the best pop rock guys. Did you know the Specs on the bacchus are different then a Gibson? I did not. He said the pickup is an 1/8 of an inch closer to the bottom of the guitar then a Les paul is.

there were two when I posted last night, I see theres only one now, didn`t realize they were stained red. the Edwards were not stained.

They sent me the first coat of black pics while he was sanding it. Horrible looking so I didn't share them. LOL I'm waiting for the real thing. I'm sure they will take more pics soon when it's prettier.

b1ef1630.jpg

7bc37304.jpg

c1d6ea29.jpg

2999fb16.jpg

They say they are still painting although it looks pretty well painted I would say. Nice nice very excited.... Had to share. They say it will be done early. :)

I like it too. They really have a good eye they chose the dark stain. Good choice. I'm going with their stock pickupscas the stock PUs in the custom are performing SO well in the studio I trust the ones in the Duke will be even better. And the Evertune bridge in the Custom is AMAZING! I'm not sure what other word to use foe it. I am com Kerry thrilled and blown away by it. I did tracks all day through 3 different amps and I never touched another guitar all day. You have got to do yourselves a favor an put one on a guitar.

The best choice for a black guitar IMO - black top with wood back and neck.

(Except for LP Customs of course)

Hope you like the guitar as much as the other ones. :)

I even like it better than a custom. Would have been nice to have pics of other stages of the build btw, really like to see them at work :D

Back