Blackstar info please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Max The Dog said:
Have you got one for sale John? :D I have just looked on ebay and a couple of other sites, they are a bit out of my price range at the moment.

No I'm afraid haven't Pete :) The reissues pop up on ebay from time to time, I've seen them go for around 350, but try one first, you might hate it! What are you looking for in an amp? Who's sound would you say is close to what you want?

I dont really know what I'm looking for John,(but I expect you knew that.)
I have always liked the clean sounds from a fender amp but also want to get that creamy on the edge of breaking up sound. I thought that the Hayden amp sounded ok in both those departments. I really want a low wattage amp preferably with some form of attenuation or wattage reduction. Should have kept the Cornell I hear you say! :roll: I want a valve amp but after having made my mind up to get a Hayden I'm now back to square one wondering what to do. I've only got about ?450 at the moment, I had another ?300 but the MOT knocked the bollocks out of my amp money. :evil:

Pete.

?450 is a lot of money for a little valve amp, you have a big choice. I can't recommend anything in particular, just because Ii like it doesn't mean you will too! If you've tried the Hayden and like it than go for it :)

I'm still very happy with the combination of Egnater Tweaker 15 watt half stack and HD300 it does everything I want and I usually go off things pretty quickly if I'm not happy. Might be worth trying one out to see what you think.

I guess it depends what you want to do with it and where you want to play it.

Dave

Hi Dave , thanks for that, I have looked at both the local shops, Mansons and Project Music and neither of them keep Egnater amps but I looked on You Tube and they sound very good.

Max The Dog said:
Does anyone own or have any views on a Blackstar HT-5 amp please?
Pete.

I guess it's slightly smaller one that i just bought, ht-20 studio, and i am impressed. lovely cleans, and good ol rock crunch, the ISF is interesting, pair of nice EL34 power tubes.

blackstar demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbqhIfDSx_w

Latest posts

Back