Wedding Guitar - Yamaha 12 string

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paladin2019

Reaction score
Yay!

I got married last Friday and the new missus surprised me with this little beauty on the morning of the big day. Picture is minus the big wedding bow:

SAM_0282.jpg

Yammy FG-720-S-12. Apparently she bought it months ago knowing nothing of the various models available (except that I'd previously said I liked Yamaha acoustics and wanted a 12 string), and not knowing that this was the exact one that I'd been hankering for!

There was a bit of confusion in the shop over whether it should be left or right handed (I'm a lefty who plays righty) but she figured it out in the end :)

Has a huge sound, very rich and vibrant. Technically challenging to play but brilliant when you get it right. I will probably have a bone nut & saddle fitted at some point but for now it plays beautifully.

Thank you Rachel!

8) 8) 8)

Very nice and congrats on both accounts!
Will you let me know if Rachel ever becomes available again, I need a new amp ..

Well, the nut & saddle have been done and it makes one hell of a difference. Crisper and more defined, but also much easier to play and feels like a whole new instrument. I love it even more!

Anyone in the Bristol/Sounth Wales area, I can HIGHLY recommend Edge Guitar Services for your tech work. Eltham is brilliant at what he does and a very nice guy too.

Any woman who buys a guitar man a git for a wedding present is a definite keeper !!!!!

Congrats bud.

Latest posts

Back