hard case for Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesblues

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know if the Gator GPE LPS TSA hard case

http://www.gatorcases.com/Default.aspx?Section=Products&Page=Details&CategoryID=4493&CatalogID=11554

Will fit my Korean ( I mention that it is Korean as I don't know if the Korean models differ in size from their more prestigious Japanese models) Love Rock properly? I have compared the case dimensions with those of my guitar and the case appears to be slightly larger all round. However when I checked the dimensions of the other Gator cases designed for Les Paul style guitars, no two cases had the same dimensions. It is all a bit confusing!!

Anyway, hopefully someone here can say whether or not the case will fit.

Thanks

Rather wait a while for the new Tokai hard cases, they're awesome.
They should be in the UK soon.

Diamond said:

The new Tokai cases look lovely but they are no where near the quality or the old 'Reborn' ones. For taking to gigs in a car they would be fine, but if heavy-duty protection is what you're after I would get something else.

JohnA said:
Diamond said:

The new Tokai cases look lovely but they are no where near the quality or the old 'Reborn' ones. For taking to gigs in a car they would be fine, but if heavy-duty protection is what you're after I would get something else.

My belief is that any hard case for a Les Paul is infintely better than a gig bag when it comes to a guitar falling over and busting a headstock. It's not so much the transport of them.... it's in a club at an open mic or before a gig. Stuff gets knocked over all the time. If I'm flying with a guitar, I prefer an Anvil or similar flight case over any standard hard case.

But yeah, those early cases are killer. Actually, the brown ones that the current upper end models (LS160 and up) are quite good (and the Bacchus fits in it just fine!!)

JohnA said:
Diamond said:

How do you know if you haven't seen one yet?

hey whats th deal with the new Tokai hard cases ? :) price ? will they be sold seperately? Since my LC200 has a sh***y hard case (non original) ...
Any links so i can check them out ? :D

I'd get an old first gen. Gibson "Protector" case - they will stop a tank!

And yes, those early Cali-girl cases are fantastic.

I recall when I got my beautiful '79 Reborn from Mark at Japanguitar.com I'd already bought the guitar without any case being mentioned and was well happy. Just as I'm leaving he say's "Oh - by the way, I forgot this" and comes downstairs with this beautiful brown case with the pink lining - I was floored!!

Thank's again Mark. 8)

Back