***ORVILLE BY GIBSON 59 REISSUE***

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the number says is the 57 a reissue of a 57 Les Paul while the 59 is a 59 burst reissue.There was no burst top available in 57 what means that the 57LPC has a plaintop.The 59RI has a flametop and in most cases it is a thin veneer laminated over the maple top.A few have a solid flame top but they are pretty rare.As you said the other specs are similar like fret edge binding and the 57 classic pus.But normally both come with a pickguard and only a handful without a pickguard and a pickguard hole.I never had a 57 so I cannot say what the neck is like but if you are interested ask villager who knows all the specs at

japanguitars.co.uk

You can find some fine OBGs on his site too :wink:

t.olsen said:
As the number says is the 57 a reissue of a 57 Les Paul while the 59 is a 59 burst reissue.There was no burst top available in 57 what means that the 57LPC has a plaintop.The 59RI has a flametop and in most cases it is a thin veneer laminated over the maple top.A few have a solid flame top but they are pretty rare.As you said the other specs are similar like fret edge binding and the 57 classic pus.But normally both come with a pickguard and only a handful without a pickguard and a pickguard hole.I never had a 57 so I cannot say what the neck is like but if you are interested ask villager who knows all the specs at

japanguitars.co.uk

You can find some fine OBGs on his site too :wink:

I have had a bunch of 57ri's.
Both
GT's and Customs.
usually two piece backs with two piece tops (maple on GTs and Mahogany on Custom). Sometimes 3 piece backs on either model and 3 piece backs on customs.

le juge said:
Here's my 1993 LPS-59R made by Terada. One of my favorite Les Paul.
321_1276449003.jpg

:eek: normalement je n'aime pas les guitares rouges mais il y a des exceptions, est que tu vends celle la ?

Angelloveguitars said:
Did OBG 59' model (57C &59R) have OEM Japan's bridge or Gibson ABR-1 bridge?
Thanks,

Hi,

All the ObG that I own or have owned have had Japanese bridges, tailpieces and tuners. I bought a Gibson ABR bridge once and it did not fit the studs of my ObG so I had to sell it again..

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joop

Pegcityrocker said:
Thanks Mojo. Now I just need to find a set of tall pickup rings for her. It's too bad OBG's don't come standard with tall rings like Tokai's do. Right now it seems like every place is sold out of Gibson Historic spec tall rings. There are DMC and Fatboy etc but they want hundreds of dollars for them! Anyone know where these can be found? The neck should be 1/4" tall and the bridge should be 1/2" tall.

Hi, forget my ignorance but why would you need higher pick up rings? Is is because that is historically more accurate or is there another reason?

Stunning guitar btw, congratulations!!

Joop

Vintage tone requires time, not technology

Latest posts

Back