Bacchus CLASSIC series?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That head stock... hum,,,, I don't care if it's exactly like Gibson but that one? How did they land there and say, yeah perfect we nailed it? LOL Ugly..

Yep a bit fugly :lol: not sure what the marketing need for this additional brand/model is but they are high spec and Japanese made.

Want a black Bacchus 335 type?... then contact them about the Master Builders series and mention the AXM-02 CUSTOM PRO model, beautifully flamed top but I`m sure they`d paint it black...for the money they sell for they`d probably do anything you want to it.

My Classic black beauty custom is on it's way to get routed for the Ever tune bridge. YIKES! I sent it directly from Japan so I don't get it and chicken out like I did with the Honey Burst. It will be a one of a kind for sure as not too many guys have the balls to get the ever tune. it's just wood right? LOL That bridge kicks major *** though I don't think I will be able to play another guitar once that thing is on. It actually doesn't go out of tune. no matter what. freaky. And the intonation is what sold me. It intonates better. WAY better. The only thing I'm bummed about is it doesn't have Graph Tech tusq saddles. I'm trying to talk them into it but it's a hard sell. they would hae to tool up just for that. And they tell me it costs a small fortune to tool up for another size of anything. Such a shame cause the tusq is a HUGE improvement over metal and bone. HUGE. Did I mention it was big? I will have the ever tune installer put a tusq nut on so at least it's touching tusq someplace that will help.

I like tusq but the evertune would take some convincing for me to try it and even then I'd only try it on a beater because of all the routing that's needed.

I can live with a few tuning problems but if someone wants better tuning stability then the evertune might be worth a look.

I got it today. It was supposed to go directly to Tx for the ever tune install but I guess cause of paypal it came here. It's amazing. Better than the honey burst. Lighter too. Amazing. And the stock pickups sound great in it I might leave them. But I am going for the evertune I'm not wussing out again. I'll never sell this guitar anyway it's a freak of nature I immediately started recording with it it's killer. But Monday it gets shipped out for the ever tune. I wonder if it will be even lighter then. It's super resonant now stock. I was expecting great and they have exceeded my expectations. The neck is slightly smaller than the HB as well.
[/img]

95f132db.jpg

a7715939.jpg

fe1f9b72.jpg

7d8ac098.jpg

Wow, that's nice..... love the fretboard markers - starting at the first fret. Great looking guitar and another fine example of the workmanship coming out of that factory.... Gibson should be ashamed.

Ow that's super nice and the first time I like a diamond inlay that isn't historically correct, beautiful!

I know what you mean. The Greco I sold had a perfect one. But this guitar blows that one away even though it was very nice. But as we know Bacchus is a cut above. :)

This guitar just rings out. Super spanky. Darker than the standard cause it's all mahogany but it's got that black beauty thing. That tone that honk that resonance. It's a great chordal guitar as well. I did a track with it on the new cd this morning that was just what it needed and none of my other guitars were able to nail. When the cd is finished I'll point it out. Great guitar and I'm seriously considering keeping the PUs in it. They sound great. Better to me in this one than the standard. I put dry zs in it and have some for this one but not sure I'll use um.

How do these Classics compare to the Live Road series (also, are the Live Road the same as the Vintage and the BLS-59?)? Is there any difference between them and the Tokai 160 in terms of wood and finish besides the flame and chunky neck?

I don't own any so I can't comment they do say though at the factory that the classic is the closest to the live road and also to a Gibson.

Back