Fender prices on the rise? trying to sort out various bits a

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJzT

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals

Ive not been on here in a while trying to sort out various bits and pieces. I hope alls well. :)

I went to a friends bbq over the weekend and i was approached for some advice. Her partner is going to be the big 40 this year. She want's to get him, because he's always wanted one. A real US Fender Stratocaster, i know i know. Anyway my gut feel was she'd be able to get one for around ?500. Now i remember looking last year at a Highway 1 strat for myself and those were ?449-485. And now they have spiked up to ?601! I personally thought the Highway 1 series would be the ideal guitar, nitro finish, plain neck. A basic no frills great sounding guitar.
So is the economy to blame for the price hike in fender's catalogue? I remember when the highway 1 came out and it was ?349, should have bought one!

Thanks for that, my train of thought is to get the cash uptogether and then try and spot the right guitar for him. It's just a bit of a bummer that the prices have risen so much. Ideally i'd like to go for a new one. But having said that, let somebody else take the hit on a new one and get a tidy second hand model 8)

Latest posts

Back