How many guitar straps?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dave, There's nothing anywhere to say where they're made.... Not on the packaging or on the strap. Mine is very well made, looks nice, is comfortable and was delivered very quickly. I'd probably have gone for one of the leather ones but they were out of stock so I got a nice wide tooled saude one that's padded as well. Looks great with my strat :)

Bear straps and Red Monkey straps ftw.

Can't afford those yet though :lol: I bought a leather one from my local music shop a year and a half ago, still going strong. I believe price has something to do with how good a strap is. I payed ?50 for mine. I'll happily pay up to ?100 for a good quality strap.

Just to let you know I followed DaveWW's recommendation and bought a Hypnotic Strap, excellent quality and very good value indeed!!

DaveWW said:
Good that you're happy John :D I'll certainly buy from them again.

Dave

Me too Dave, I'm coming round to the one strap per guitar idea, could get expensive :wink:

jacco said:
But do we also buy that special strap to match that precious guitar?

I try.
New strap arrived a few days ago.
(I also want to give my cat some attention, she is almost 18 years old and still going strong.)

19.jpg

felixcatus said:
marcusnieman said:
a big boy named Simon. Lived to be 22 years old:

Amazing, he definitely deserves a spot on TF.

Sorry... I know it was a shameless post but yours reminded me of him. Now, tell me about the strap..... where did you get it? I have a similar one that's getting kind of tattered.

I use a cheapy strap. It has a shop's logo printed on it and was complementary in connection to a purchase.
Works fine.

I have tonnes of various straps laying around though cause I get so many from Japan with the guitars I buy.
All kinds from 70's Fender and Gibson to Fernandes, Greco, ESP etc.
Once a year I put my Japanese straps for sale (on my guitar show) and charge 2? a piece.

A mate of mine makes really nice straps: www.axlbelt.com

marcusnieman said:
felixcatus said:
marcusnieman said:

Sorry... I know it was a shameless post but yours reminded me of him. Now, tell me about the strap..... where did you get it? I have a similar one that's getting kind of tattered.

Sorry? No need for that. I think I expressed myself wrong in my previous post. I don?t find it shameless, it?s kind of a nice memoriam and I respect that. I think our pets are more important than a strap. I?m the one who has to apologize here, for giving you the wrong idea. :oops:

Nice to see my old thread up and running again :D

I was going to post myself for I'm really excited about the 3 straps I recently purchased from Cserni Custom Guitar Straps.
These are the most comfortable straps I've ever tried and sooo well made. Erv is also a great guy to deal with, please check his website (no affiliation :D) : http://www.csernistraps.com/

Here's my straps (no worries, all MIJ guitars boys)

Afbeelding002_01.jpg

Afbeelding009_01.jpg

Afbeelding012_01.jpg

felixcatus said:
marcusnieman said:
felixcatus said:
marcusnieman said:

Sorry? No need for that. I think I expressed myself wrong in my previous post. I don?t find it shameless, it?s kind of a nice memoriam and I respect that. I think our pets are more important than a strap. I?m the one who has to apologize here, for giving you the wrong idea. :oops:

No worries....you didn't give me the wrong idea.... I saw the picture of Simon and thought to myself.... what the hell does my cat have to do with this thread.... :lol: :lol: :lol: No offense taken at all. Perhaps I'll start a thread in the General Discussion section on Tokai Forum member's pets.

:wink:

Real nice straps Jacco!!

Reminds me of these.... from a pal here in Dallas that made SRV's famous straps:

http://www.myspace.com/christianscustomleather

Back