• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Greco 56 Goldtop

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegcityrocker

Reaction score
I've got my Greco goldtop up for sale on eBay. It's got a set of Tonerider Vintage P-90's in it which sound great. Comes with the hardshell case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180679635590&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

SDC14947.jpg

SDC14945.jpg

Nice.... those are great cases. I'm a big fan of Toneriders pickups. Superb value for great sounding pickups. Good luck on the sale. Nice guitar

gonna add anything about the headstock modifications?
i mean come on man fair suck of the sav sayin it's 85 when it's 95 is one thing ,maybe you identified it differently but I had half a dozen other people say 95 & you did buy it from me knowing it's a 95 and you did mention you saw it on the forums so you read that public information too, but this removing the rock spirit & adding the bell TRC is just a straight up deception trying to make it look like something it's not.

No deception. I thought it was an 85. The heastock was dirty when I bought it so I cleaned it up - in the process the decal came off. I think it looks pretty good the way it is.

Only reason for selling is that the guy I bought it from said it had a very chunky thick neck. I even asked him about this twice. When it arrived it had a '59 profile neck. It's a bit too slim for me.

don't even try and begin to make out like I shafted you or misrepresented it in any way shape or form to take focus of you here buddy.You asked once.

you asked
"Also, is the neck quite chunky like an early 50's Gibson Les Paul or more like a late 50's profile?"
I answered
big thick neck on this one.early 50s?dunno never held one to be honest.sure as **** ain't a slim 60s one that's for sure

Anything else you wanna bring up?

did you really just say that on a public forum regarding the decal?
How come it never came off when I cleaned it when I got it?
How come it came off so completely cleanly that there isn't any trace of it like on an 80s Mint Collection?
No mention of changing the TRC to an there either?

by your own admission you seen it in 2 different public places clearly labled as being 90s.

Why don't you add that it's a Greco Rock Spirit but you removed the decal or something?That's actually an important detail.What would have happened if you sold this to someone thinking they were buying an '85 Mint Collection then they make a NGD thread and get told "hey man you've been shafted"?
Like the common cold best to catch it early and nip it in the bud.

and if someone didn't mention this add elsewhere that is exactly what would have happened

I honestly couldn't remember it being a 90, I thought it was an 85. And yes I changed the TRC, the one it came with was the same type as came on an 1980 Greco Super Real I once had. That's probably why I thought it was an 85.
For what it's worth, I paid $1100 USD for this guitar with shipping and Custom fees.

Short memory there it was 6 weeks ago.
Don't allude I overcharged you I can't control exchange rates or shipping costs or customs but remember you did try and rob me for this with a ridiculous lowball offer and wanted free shipping.

For what it's worth I made a profit of some loose change on this not to mention I didn't ask you for any extra money to cover the shipping.

Now. Are you finished? Everyone knows I'm a prick already no need for you to add your 2 cents to it or make out like I rip people off.

And yes I changed the TRC, the one it came with was the same type as came on an 1980 Greco Super Real I once had. That's probably why I thought it was an 85

that makes no sense at all...

dude,you're busted.. 8)

Especially since it came with a mint collection trc .....
I regret selling this now seeing it's end game

All I'm saying is the Truss Rod cover was the same as one I had on a Greco from 1980. That led me to believe it may have been from the same era. I also read an article on here somewhere stating that there were some closed o Greco's from the 80's. It was an honest mistake and I have ended the auction and relisted it. If I pulled the wool over anyones eyes I apologize. I still think it may be from 85 but I have not listed it as such. Anyway, the neck is just too thin for my liking or else I'd keep her.

you know as well as I do there is no way in hell that's a 1985.
and you knew that full well when you bought it.if you missed that in the original sale title AND description AND sale thread AND discussion on mlp (that you admitted reading) then really ..you must be fucked.
and you knew that full well when you listed it as such too.
and you knew that the whole time you were tryin to bag on me as some sort of shyster to take the heat of your dumb ***.
and if no one said anything it would still be listed there wouldn't it.
you sir have just been busted big time and all your excuses don't wash.
don't try any official action either you already mentioned you seen it for sale elsewhere but couldn't contact me there cause you don't have an account.
thought you were safe over here huh?**** no and **** you.

I'm not sure what you mean about "official action". I still think it may be an 85 though it is now listed as being 95. A catalog from the mid 90's would be nice to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back