To relic or not to relic...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Locrian

Reaction score
So, my Custom order Scoop Creation Works in Sherwood Green with hardtail bridge is almost completed.. I still have to decide if I want a light relic job done to it. SCW does pretty good convincing work when it comes to relics but at the same time, a brand new guitar with a new paint finish is also awesome.. what do you think people?

Scoop Sherwood Green by kaldi102, on Flickr

Scoop back by kaldi102, on Flickr

your guitar...what do you think? nothing like another relic thread eh...they`ve been done to death all over the web...half the people like em...half the people don`t...I`m in another half...the half that doesn`t care what people do to their guitars, really...none of my business...got bigger fish to fry than what a player does or doesn`t do to their instrument...and don`t understand why it should matter to anybody else.

I know...too beautiful to go scratching up!
It should be done in about a week. We just have to finish the Pups and we are on our way!
I always wanted a hardtail strat! Scoop was going to put a ST-63 veneer rosewood top but because of the neck radius of 310R he didn't have the tooling. So..Im stuck with slab board rosewood...poor me. .
:D
The ST-62 has the clay dots, slab board rosewood and his ST-63 has the pearloid dot inlay, veneer fretboard.. (just in case if you decide to order from him) ST-63 isnt on his website
Hey youami, have you seen the Sonic STR? I pick one up about a month ago...sooo beautiful. Brand new Olympic White..I used to hate white but when I got this one it changed everything..I have to post an image

Sneakyjapan..if it none of your business and you have more important things to do then fry fish...then why post???? It was a simple yes or no question..

Super Locrian said:
Sneakyjapan..if it none of your business and you more important things to do...then why post????

have I been in Japan so long that my English isn`t making sense any more? You missed my point but like I said, what people do to their guitars is none of my business...that was my point.
So if the guitar is too beautiful to go scratching up...why ask the question?

Super Locrian said:
Hey youami, have you seen the Sonic STR? I pick one up about a month ago...sooo beautiful. Brand new Olympic White..I used to hate white but when I got this one it changed everything..I have to post an image

No, feel free to post away. I can only dream of getting some of the high-end Japanese guitars that you have at the moment. I'm going to have heaps one day though...

stunning....my vote would be to leave it as it is .never understood why people relic guitars /play them and let it happen,its only new till your first mark on it then it s used

I Know I know..>>THE FIRST SCRATCH ON A NEW GUITAR IS THE WORST!!!! YOU THINK ABOUT IT AND ***** ABOUT IT FOR DAYS.. I will show you the completed Scoop ST-62 when it all done.. sticky lacquer and all.

i just wanted to see what people thought..taken a poll. I will agree the aging the Nash and other companies do isn't very convincing and a total waste of a good guitar. But some people like it and some don't. .. but if you check out Scoop Creation works gallery..he does really good work for relics..even if you didn't buy a guitar from him.. I would send out my guitar via EMS to have him do a relic job on any guitar..the TLC looks convincing..but with Nitro Lacquer finishes..relicing will happen really fast by yourself if you're out there playing alot. But at least we agree with this: SHERWOOD GREEN is a kick *** finish! 8)

Super Locrian said:
i just wanted to see what people thought..taken a poll. I will agree the aging the Nash and other companies do isn't very convincing and a total waste of a good guitar. But some people like it and some don't. .. but if you check out Scoop Creation works gallery..he does really good work for relics..even if you didn't buy a guitar from him.. I would send out my guitar via EMS to have him do a relic job on any guitar..the TLC looks convincing..but with Nitro Lacquer finishes..relicing will happen really fast by yourself if you're out there playing alot. But at least we agree with this: SHERWOOD GREEN is a kick *** finish! 8)

Nash did the relic work on my Fender Custom Shop 65 reissue strat.... it was a Fender relic job and looked like crap. It was the last privately owned guitar Bill worked on before he went direct. I must say, it looks alot better and he did really tasteful work.

Don't relic Greeny.... its far too pretty. Scoop does **** fine guitars.

marcusnieman said:
Super Locrian said:

Nash did the relic work on my Fender Custom Shop 65 reissue strat.... it was a Fender relic job and looked like crap. It was the last privately owned guitar Bill worked on before he went direct. I must say, it looks alot better and he did really tasteful work.

Don't relic Greeny.... its far too pretty. Scoop does **** fine guitars.

I wont...just wanted to see people thoughts..To go through all that trouble of blending paints, primer, spraying and finish lacquer only to wreck it seem counter intuitive. I will post Motorhead "Sherwood" when I get him in a week or so.. PS Scoop does LP's too...just found that out. I wanted him to do a Jaguar with a 24.75 scale neck with strat tremolo...I think that would be a cool Frankenstein combo

Back