ST 40...what's it's top value...???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marshallmk1 said:
This is indeed a very sad day...not only did I find out that Gary Moore died a couple of months ago...not sure how I missed this...but I did...!!! (RIP) But also...The ST40 which has survived for 27 years without so much as a scratch...which I have owned for a mere 5 days has just come into contact with my bass...and OMFG...I've put a ding in the headstock...It's the first guitar I've ever owned which i've dinged...and it had to be the vintage one...!!! I could just cry right now...!!!

Why God...why did you do this to me...??? Was it because I put Homer Simpson before Jesus in my list of people that inspire me on Facebook...???

In the words of comic book store guy from The Simpsons...There is no emoticon to describe what I'm feeling right now...!!!!

Yes...a very sad day... :(

My man, relax..... dings do not harm the tone and playability of a guitar.... which is why we buy them, yes? It always stings when you put your first bruise on one....but remember this, there will be more... so look at it this way, you've removed some anxiety from putting a nick in it. Now, PLAY it!

It's a funny thing...I've been playing 20 years or so now...since I picked up this guitar things have changed...I'm doing an online blues course and starting to dig playing again...amazed at how a quality guitar has affected my motivation... :)

Marshallmk1 said:
It's a funny thing...I've been playing 20 years or so now...since I picked up this guitar things have changed...I'm doing an online blues course and starting to dig playing again...amazed at how a quality guitar has affected my motivation... :)

True dat!

fury_dice said:
Having owned both (still got the 50) I concur with mojo hobo; the differences are the tuners - 'Deluxe' on the 50, chrome on the 40, pickups - ceramic on the 40 versus alnico VII(?) - and on mine at least, Tokai stamped saddles as opposed to Final Prospec on the 50. Apart from that, all the woodwork, electrics and hardware seemed identical.
Hi did I get that right that your st50 has tokai stamped saddles?? if so what year is it, because someone once said on here that the guitar I was trying to identify had springy saddles and couldn't be a goldstar even though it blatently is a goldstar as all goldstars had final prospect stamped saddles (st 50)

See this is th eproblem I find with this site is some people are keen to point out that some guitars are not original which infact where prob built in crossover phase like others have mentioned

storm said:
Hi did I get that right that your st50 has tokai stamped saddles?? if so what year is it, because someone once said on here that the guitar I was trying to identify had springy saddles and couldn't be a goldstar even though it blatently is a goldstar as all goldstars had final prospect stamped saddles (st 50)

See this is th eproblem I find with this site is some people are keen to point out that some guitars are not original which infact where prob built in crossover phase like others have mentioned

Storm - it was my ST40 (now sold) that had Tokai-stamped saddles but as I bought the guitar second-hand, I have no way of knowing for sure that they were original. Hope that clarifies things.

fury_dice said:
storm said:

Storm - it was my ST40 (now sold) that had Tokai-stamped saddles but as I bought the guitar second-hand, I have no way of knowing for sure that they were original. Hope that clarifies things.
Ah yes that does so it's still verdict out on the saddles then as neither of us can solidly confirm wether they are original. My friends 40 has no stamped saddles. Mine would be a fifty because of u pickups

jonah65 said:
she's a looker allright. 8)

P4250003.jpg

P4260012.jpg

P4260007.jpg

Latest posts

Back