so why is Tokai a bigger name than Greco?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well,if the guitar is good,then the song is good..for example,Detroit Rock City.
thats really the only KISS song I like very much,and Paul wrote it..I'd like to see if you could come up with something better.I doubt it. :cry:

LarryC said:
well,if the guitar is good,then the song is good..for example,Detroit Rock City.
thats really the only KISS song I like very much,and Paul wrote it..I'd like to see if you could come up with something better.I doubt it. :cry:

I've never been a Kiss fan

I don`t own any KISS music and never been a big fan though I have found my feet tapping along to a few of their tunes. I do not have trouble seeing their music for what it is...light weight entertainment...wasn`t their motto Keep It Simple Stupid?...KISS... millions of people all over the world like to listen to their music...except, it seems, other guitar players who tend to think they can do better...well then...do it...they say the first million is the hardest to make. Whether or not he is an outstanding guitar player, he is a musician making a living...a VERY good one evidently...doing something he loves to do...how many of the naysayers would not change places with him in an instant?

sneakyjapan said:
I don`t own any KISS music and never been a big fan though I have found my feet tapping along to a few of their tunes. I do not have trouble seeing their music for what it is...light weight entertainment...wasn`t their motto Keep It Simple Stupid?...KISS... millions of people all over the world like to listen to their music...except, it seems, other guitar players who tend to think they can do better...well then...do it...they say the first million is the hardest to make. Whether or not he is an outstanding guitar player, he is a musician making a living...a VERY good one evidently...doing something he loves to do...how many of the naysayers would not change places with him in an instant?

Jeez. I like a lot of KISS. But being famous isn't the qualification for being a good musician. How does that even work? Is Justin Bieber a better musician than John Mclaughlin? More people go to his shows. He must be.

Commercial success isn't always commensurate with artistic ability... alot of it is marketing (KISS, Madonna, Lady Gaga, etc) and performance "art". People buy into it because it's new, flashy and outside of the box.... but every once in awhile, something good comes of it like the Beatles

" But being famous isn't the qualification for being a good musician. "

" Commercial success isn't always commensurate with artistic ability..."

thanks yes, I know and not what I was trying to say at all...I`ve been around the block and you`ve really missed my point if you think this needed to be explained to me.

sneakyjapan said:
" But being famous isn't the qualification for being a good musician. "

" Commercial success isn't always commensurate with artistic ability..."

thanks yes, I know and not what I was trying to say at all...I`ve been around the block and you`ve really missed my point if you think this needed to be explained to me.

It was more of a comment than an explanation

sneakyjapan said:
OK...I see where this is going, nothing else for me to add to this.

Please don't be offended by what I said because I'm pretty much saying the same thing you are..... I'm just blathering on to finish my thought. It's not going anywhere other than that.

I only just looked in on this thread today.

Looks like I stirred up a bit of a wasps nest with the Stanley comment.

:oops:

But let's face it - he is to music what Chuck Norris is to acting.

Actually Marcus, thinking seriously about it I'd say PS is to music what Johnny Thunders is......er, to music!! :lol:

paulstanleyplaysgrecoar.jpg

From a late 70's Greco catalog.
It was a Greco Artist like this one.

I'm more a "Fujigen Gakki fan" than a Greco one.. but for me Greco is better simply because Fujigen it's...
- Fender Japan, Fender JV
- Orville by Gibson
- and today Ibanez Prestige

So... what else?

Latest posts

Back