• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS : 2009 LS150 with Wolfetone Dr V pickups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thepacifist

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am selling a Tokai LS150 (2009 model) with Wolfetone Dr Vintage pickups. The guitar is the Japanese model with the dimpled headstock.

I got this guitar from Japan in early 2010. It's been playing very well, and I recently had a setup done for it. I got it for $1650 (guitar+shipping from Japan) + the pickups. Willing to sell for $1800. Comes in the original case.
I would prefer selling the guitar and the pickups together as I feel the pickups do justice to the guitar, and mostly because I am trying for a strat. The original pickups come with the guitar.

Some pics here
http://manavmathur.smugmug.com/gallery/16498466_z8ABs#1241726685_WNj3c

Note that a few pics there are more "artistic". The last 3 are close to true shots, but the tone of the pics is more towards the cold side as I have color corrected those based on the ring around the PU switch, which is not exactly white but more vintage correct. I'll try to see if I can get better pics.

thanks for looking.

EDIT : This is for US shipping only (if you're based in or around Chicago, a local deal is preferred)

IMG2243-X2.jpg

thepacifist said:
Apologies for being impatient.
I want it to sell before I decide to keep it. :)

Nice guitar.... I have one just like it from 2009 as well. Why did you swap out the pickups? I really like the stock MKII's

no dount the stock MKII are good.....It took me a long time to change them.

The Dr Vs do help in sweetening up the high notes. In the higher registers, it sings now instead of playing good. Also, the Dr Vs are a bit "dry" than the stock pickups...a bit more hollow. I'm not too sure how to put it...they just sound great!

thepacifist said:
no dount the stock MKII are good.....It took me a long time to change them.

The Dr Vs do help in sweetening up the high notes. In the higher registers, it sings now instead of playing good. Also, the Dr Vs are a bit "dry" than the stock pickups...a bit more hollow. I'm not too sure how to put it...they just sound great!

Cool.... I'll keep those in mind. Now sell that nice guitar!

thepacifist said:
Hi all,
I am selling a Tokai LS150 (2009 model) with Wolfetone Dr Vintage pickups. The guitar is the Japanese model with the dimpled headstock.

I got this guitar from Japan in early 2010. It's been playing very well, and I recently had a setup done for it. I got it for $1650 (guitar+shipping from Japan) + the pickups. Willing to sell for $1800.)

You want to sell it for more than you bought it for?

Ratae Corieltauvorum said:
thepacifist said:
Hi all,

I got this guitar from Japan in early 2010. It's been playing very well, and I recently had a setup done for it. I got it for $1650 (guitar+shipping from Japan) + the pickups. Willing to sell for $1800.)

You want to sell it for more than you bought it for?

Like he said, plus the uprgaded pickups - they're about $250 a set

Latest posts

Back