Bacchus CLASSIC series?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BACCHUS CLASSIC SERIES LES PAUL PICKUP SPECS

I'm so blown away by how the stock pickups sound, I asked about them. From Sho Hara at Deviser:

Pickups
Their pickups are not Yuta but made at the same factory as Yuta.
The pickups of BLP-STD-FM are the followings;

Neck pick up; BHV-A5n
features: alnico5, urerethan #42, 5300 turns, 8.5k ohm
Bridge pick up; BHHb
features: ferrite, urethan #43, the bobbin inside; 7300turns, the bobbin outside: 7200turns

marcusnieman said:

I'm so blown away by how the stock pickups sound, I asked about them. From Sho Hara at Deviser:

Pickups

Neck pick up; BHV-A5n
Bridge pick up; BHHb
features: ferrite, urethan #43, the bobbin inside; 7300turns, the bobbin outside: 7200turns

Interesting!

Different wire, magnets and number of turns used for each one - that bridge pickup must be pretty beefy sounding?

JVsearch said:
marcusnieman said:

Pickups

Neck pick up; BHV-A5n
Bridge pick up; BHHb

Interesting!

Different wire, magnets and number of turns used for each one - that bridge pickup must be pretty beefy sounding?

I've asked Sho for the output on it..... it's got a really unique sound. Compared to my LS150 MKII bridge pickup, it just has a fatter sound.... not as biting as the MKII but still razor sharp. As I'd mentioned, the two pickups are so balanced in output to one another, that at the same volume, I don't need to roll down the neck volume when I switch back and forth from the neck on rhythm bits and bridge on solos.

I'm also thinking that the two different pickups add to the great, honking out of phase tone in the middle position - especially if I roll the neck pickup up a hair.

No way I'm ever swapping these out.

And if anyones wondering those silver cables are the bomb. I did a cable shoot out and they won. More volume more punch more high end. Just better. Excetylene

JVsearch said:
marcusnieman said:

Pickups

Neck pick up; BHV-A5n
Bridge pick up; BHHb

Interesting!

Sho just got back to me.... output on the bridge is 14.7...... yeah, baby!

marcusnieman said:
362 was on hold but that buyer did not decide to go with it so I got it. Can't wait to get my hands on it..... photos and review will follow

Hi Marcus, that was me. They put the guitar on hold for a couple of days while I was "talking" to them about it. I was the "brother" of the one Wulfman got. Really nice top. I love the non-uniform flames.

But I got this one from Bacchusdo which threw in a free HSC.
http://bacchusdo.com/product/blpstdfmld.htm

Haha, the guitar is in my bedroom but they still have it listed for sale. I guess they're too busy to update their site. :lol:

Mine is 1XX series serial no. Probably an earlie batch and I have to say, the flames on mine are not as nice as the 3XX series ones.

That looks great, I am not sure what you are talking about!
blpstdfmld3.jpg

wulfman said:
That looks great, I am not sure what you are talking about!

Hi,

If you look closely at some of the smaller close up pictures, you will see that they are from another guitar. Not the main one pictured. I spent a lot of time, and I mean a LOT, studying the pictures before I took the plunge. I noticed the patterns are different. Those on the close ups are more "quilted" and the actual guitar has more straight flames.

Anyway, it still looks stunning compared to a lot of other Les Pauls I've seen. I still love it. :D

After I got mine, they released a new colour.
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/str-garage/blpstdfm-dbf/

Now I'm drooling again.
This is going to be 'painful"... (for my bank balance)
:cry:

well, we are certainly spoiled for choices when it comes to great Japanese builders these days, so many to choose from, I`m sure if I lived in or around Tokyo I`d have far more guitars than I have now and I have too many already.

Darth Vader said:
marcusnieman said:
362 was on hold but that buyer did not decide to go with it so I got it. Can't wait to get my hands on it..... photos and review will follow

Hi Marcus, that was me. They put the guitar on hold for a couple of days while I was "talking" to them about it. I was the "brother" of the one Wulfman got. Really nice top. I love the non-uniform flames.

But I got this one from Bacchusdo which threw in a free HSC.
http://bacchusdo.com/product/blpstdfmld.htm

Haha, the guitar is in my bedroom but they still have it listed for sale. I guess they're too busy to update their site. :lol:

Mine is 1XX series serial no. Probably an earlie batch and I have to say, the flames on mine are not as nice as the 3XX series ones.

Haha.... nice. I've been out of town all week and I dropped mine off with my guitar tech for the week (he's a Gibson certified warranty tech). He took it apart and did a complete forensic study on it and he said that he's never seen a current Les Paul as "stellar" as the Bacchus.... even from Gibson. Said the top is definitely solid.. no veneer. Neck needed a little adjustment and he did comment that as Mitch said, the frets are finished to a blunt point rather than flat - as Gibson did during some of the vintage years. He actually likes it because it only calls for a light touch when fretting chords. Gonna pick it up today and play it exclusively for awhile.

Not to drop names but Hughie McDonald the legendary bass player who played on ALL the Bon Jovi hits and a ton of others and now tours with them was here Wed playing on my new record. He played on my first record and we are old friends. He was BLOWN away by the Bacchus and said it's better than any Gibson he's ever played. But I didn't need him to tell me that. Fella's these guitars are just amazingly good. I will own MANY before I'm done. I cannot wait for my Duke it will arrive end of August. I will do the picture taking of the opening of the box for everyone. But it's along ways off. Next I want a strat and a tele and a Jr etc...

Do you guys find that the nuts spacings are closer than normal? But I think regular spaced nut on it would fit. Like Graph tech Gibson. And widen the string spacings. Which I think I would like even more.

Mitch Malloy said:
Do you guys find that the nuts spacings are closer than normal? But I think regular spaced nut on it would fit. Like Graph tech Gibson. And widen the string spacings. Which I think I would like even more.

I've not really noticed that.... but then again I haven't checked. Love the neck on these.... big 58 style. Took me about two weeks of constant playing to get used to it.

Well I had graph tech send their stuff to Bacchus for my Duke so I will find out when I get it in August if it's different. Or I could just pop the Bone nut off my classic and put a graph tech Tusq one on. I may do that then I will know for sure and sooner. And the guitar will be better for it. I think I'm also going to put ever tune bridges on both. They came and demonstrated that for me last week and I was very impressed. Imagine a guitar that doesn't go out of tune. It's freakish. Just in time for me to be done with my guitar tracks on the record. LOL

LOL I thought I had said on here that I do have a deal with them. Now for the last few months. I contacted them and they got all excited as they are fans. I was then very excited cause I have wanted a Bacchus for over 3 years. They are building me a custom Duke. We are calling it a black top. Their work is so amazing with the wood matching I couldn't stand to cover it with paint but I want the top to be black so I suggested we do a black top with cream binding. So it will look sort of like a Jeff Beck Model but no pick guard. Cream pickup rings. Wood back and sides. Like a Gold Top only black. Should be wicked. I have to wait till the end of August for it. They take their time. :>) I also had the Evertune bridge co. here giving me a demonstration and I was blown away so I'm getting them installed on my guitars. The intonation with that bridge is freakishly good. Better than anything I have ever played. And the thing will not go out of tune. It's amazing. Once it's in tune it WILL NOT go out. So I'll be endorsing that as well soon. Proudly. It's really going to help on the classic cause the frets are so high I pull it out of tune a lot. NOt anymore. The Evertune should fix that.

Just sold my 1980 greco black Beauty custom. Ok time for another Bacchus. :>) Neck was too small for me and I had a buddy that really wanted it. It was super sexy had the perfect gibson inlay on the headstock and everything. Super chimey fast player nice, sounded huge. I'm just addicted to the bacchus thing now. Gotta have more. And I'm very brand loyal like that.

Has anyone compared the STD series to the STD/FM? I'm wondering if the price difference is only about the 1P body and flamed top, or if woods are also of better quality on the FM? The hardware and pickups seem to be the same.

Latest posts

Back