Rickenbacker on the way!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p11n1pp1

Reaction score
I thought I'd share my new purchase with you guys: a 1967 Rickenbacker 330 8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=250801352550&si=wtitGaQXPlC7H4erWSp15iz6GQ0%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

The ad had been up there for something like 10 hours and after a thorough, careful evalutation (that took me 10 minutes ;)) I decided to jump on it and hit the BIN. I had just sold my EGF1000 and was looking for a new "number one". A nice change of winds after some 10+ japanese guitars in a row I've owned in the past 2 years :D

I'm not so familiar with vintage Ricky prices but I'm quite confident I scored a nice deal on this one. Should be in my hands early next week :)

So what do you think? I'll post my thoughts as soon as it arrives :)

Beautiful guitar design the 330s!

Vintage toaster tops and great colour on it - hope it's really great.

How's it working out?

JVsearch said:
Beautiful guitar design the 330s!

My favorite model.... very nice catch. Think there were a couple of Greco versions in black shown here a while back.... I've been smitten ever since

Thanks guys!

The Rickenbacker is indeed in my posession now! I've been a bit busy lately, and all spare time I've had I've spent with my Ric ;)

To me it seems Ric's get a lot of bashing when it comes to playability, neck size etc. but at least my Ric plays superbly and sounds just wonderful! I really was a bit surprised to find it actually rivals every LP, Tele etc. I've owned in playability and probably exceeds them in tone and sustain. A great guitar in every respect and of course the looks are fantastic, nothing looks as impressive as a Rickenbacker :)

As I stated before, I sold my EGF1000 to fund this one so the change in neck dimensions was quite drastic but I find myself liking the Ric more and more. I always thought I was a fan of huge necks... I was a bit worried about the neck on the Ric since some people were really banging on about the "crowded" feel in the upper register but I at least can solo on this as good as with any other guitar. I have to say though, after playing nothing but the Ric for two weeks, the neck on my Fernandes Tele really fel very strange! :D

As of the vintage, the lacquer on the fretboard is (luckily) detoriating and coming off very nicely, which seems to make it feel less sticky as you might expect. I really can't see why they finish the fretboards on Rics, as rosewood is a very oily wood and as such maintains itself extremely well. The wear in general on this thing is great, I love the heavily worn and broken-in feel! This one has seen quite a lot of play in it's 44 years of excistence :D

Well I guess that's enough for now! I haven't bothered writing on any Rickenbacker forums, I'd rather just play and enjoy my new guitar! :D

Very cool.... never owned a Ric but I've always like them and their sound. Have fun with it!

Out of curiosity, what did your EGF1000 go for?

marcusnieman said:
Very cool.... never owned a Ric but I've always like them and their sound. Have fun with it!

Out of curiosity, what did your EGF1000 go for?

It sold for 1400 euros locally here in Finland

Latest posts

Back