Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus CLASSIC series?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more humid than Japan? Hard to believe... it takes 3 days for a pair of jeans to dry during rainy season which lasts most of June and a bit of July usually.
So why doesn`t somebody just start a Bacchus fashion show thread since I`m not the only one here who owns the brand anymore? I have yet to find a guitar thread where players are tired of posting pics of their guitars...knowhadImean?

Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Some phone pics of Bacchus Classic and heads and pedal baord Reply with quote

These are the Aluminum tail piece and bridge I have been braggin about. I'm having Bacchus install them on the Duke for me. I'm hooked. See how the Tusq saddles are black. You don't even really notice them. But you're glad they are there. :>) In fact I don't have a guitar without them. And that's my Aiken intruder head made for me by Randall Aiken. Amazing 18 wats of tone. And the Matchless. At the time they made it for me it was a one of a kind. Not sure if they have made any more since. But the head on top I helped design. Lets say I gave hem the idea for it. It's a 15 watt version of their ch 1 of the DC 30 head. The one on the bottom is a Spitfire. Great Fender slightly cleaner type sounding head again 15 watts. They are running into a 412 Aiken and a 212 Aiken in the cabinet room. And the pedal board is a bit of a mess as I keep changing things out depending on the song.

Last edited by Mitch Malloy on Fri May 13, 2011 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone measure the thickness of the neck of their Bacchus at 1st & 11th fret so I can compare with my Greco's?
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the tool to do that. I took the pick guard of after seeing these pics. Sexier without it I think.
japanstrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No anything?

I need dots or inlays or something, I get lost.

I have a MIJ guitar with red dots on rosewood and I have trouble playing that because I can't see the dots very well.

Wide and Fat necks might be for some but are not for me.

I have played Classical guitars with wide necks but if the neck is fat as well then it becomes harder for me to play it.

The Bacchus looks great.

I wish I could try that Aiken out, looks interesting and Aiken really knows his stuff.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics boys......

Mitch, I like my Les Pauls without the pickguards as well... primarily because with them on, they get in the way and it changes my single string picking attack angle.

I'm getting used to the neck of the Classic too.... now all of my other guitars feel tiny. Pretty cool.

I did the side by side with the LS150..... played thru the same amp and exactly the same vol/tone settings on each guitar.

The LS150 has hotter pickups... really a great rock sound. Pushed up to 10, they really snarl. Tokai is a tad lighter at just under 9 lbs. Neck feels smaller than the Classic.

The Classic has a warmer, woodier tone. Great out of phase honk and a fabulous neck pickup. Up to 10, they bloom nicely.

Truth be told, I can't see parting with either of them. Gonna have to sell some other lumber.... seriously. If any of you are interested in anything specifically, let me know.... I just might have it.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of me wants the standard shaped blocks as they do them better than any guitar I have ever seen. I'm still thinking. Every single guitar player that has played through the Aiken wants it. Thank GOD I haven't ever caved and sold it. It's a little more rock than the Matchless's but still very sweet high end. Better high end than a Marshall. I do wish though I had gotten the 30 watt model. I could use a tighter low end on at least one of my amps. If anyone knows anyone in Nashville who would let me use their Vintage Marshall for the cd let me know. I have a couple co's loaning me some stuff but I'm not sure the new Marshalls are very good. I got Bad Cat 100 watt and a Vox 50 watt both coming. :>)
japtone
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacco wrote;
Quote:
Can anyone measure the thickness of the neck of their Bacchus at 1st & 11th fret so I can compare with my Greco's?
My Duke standard needed a string change and i,ve got some digital calipers, i,ve measured just below the first fret and over the first fret and then did the same with the eleventh, here,s a pic so you know what i mean. The measurements are 22.94mm at first fret fingerboard and 24.11mm over the first fret so frets are 1.17mm deep(2.5mm wide if interested), at the 11th fret fingerboard it,s 24.62mm and 25.80mm over the fret. I would be very interested if someone with a classic could do the same. Also for the sake of accuracy the nut width is 43.3mm not 43.5mm as previously stated, just divide by 25.4 if you want an imperial measurement. Thought i,d take a look at my tennon and pickup backs while i was at it, no markings on the HMC Alnico lll pickups, wish the japanese would mark there pickups for spares identification or to stop people selling any old crap as top japanese pickups. Even without paint the tennon looks perfect and notice the made in japan written in there.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
le juge wrote:
Are you sure that actually Ishibashi is still selling U-Box items to overseas customers ? Not sure !

Yeah they do.... I bought my MIJ Fender SRV Charley's strat from them via U-Box

had my Muddy Waters tele out for pics last week and looked at the copies of e-mails I traded with Yoshi Toda in 2001 about some Bacchus guitars I had at that time...I was curious about the limited editions they made. According to him, the Charly...AKA...the BSR-LS was a run of only 12...you have one, I have one so there are only 10 more out there somewhere.
He also told me about the Muddy tele...AKA...MOJO...limited to 15 guitars, and the SRV #1 strat...AKA...BSR-98 was limited to 20 pieces...that was the first run I.D.`d by the brass bridge block...the later versions did not have a brass block...I have the later catalog showing the reissued SRV model...the original one page flyer showing the SRV and a clone of Blackie, among others, was dated 1998.
In the 2001 mail he told me they would not be making them any more and that they were changing their catalog...I remember when that happened and thats the time they tried to concentrate on their own designs which I guess didn`t sell as well as they`d hoped because they went back to cloning the US big two a couple of years later...but they have kept the altered headstock shape they use today on some models...a pointier tip at the end instead of the rounded F/USA shape.
I kept all the mails because I thought they might come in handy one day down the road. May be of interest to you though possibly not to other members.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sneakyjapan wrote:
marcusnieman wrote:
le juge wrote:
Are you sure that actually Ishibashi is still selling U-Box items to overseas customers ? Not sure !

Yeah they do.... I bought my MIJ Fender SRV Charley's strat from them via U-Box

had my Muddy Waters tele out for pics last week and looked at the copies of e-mails I traded with Yoshi Toda in 2001 about some Bacchus guitars I had at that time...I was curious about the limited editions they made. According to him, the Charly...AKA...the BSR-LS was a run of only 12...you have one, I have one so there are only 10 more out there somewhere.
He also told me about the Muddy tele...AKA...MOJO...limited to 15 guitars, and the SRV #1 strat...AKA...BSR-98 was limited to 20 pieces...that was the first run I.D.`d by the brass bridge block...the later versions did not have a brass block...I have the later catalog showing the reissued SRV model...the original one page flyer showing the SRV and a clone of Blackie, among others, was dated 1998.
In the 2001 mail he told me they would not be making them any more and that they were changing their catalog...I remember when that happened and thats the time they tried to concentrate on their own designs which I guess didn`t sell as well as they`d hoped because they went back to cloning the US big two a couple of years later...but they have kept the altered headstock shape they use today on some models...a pointier tip at the end instead of the rounded F/USA shape.
I kept all the mails because I thought they might come in handy one day down the road. May be of interest to you though possibly not to other members.

Fabulous... great info. Also got one of their Jeff Beck Tele Gib custom orders. Heavy but very cool guitar
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BACCHUS CLASSIC SERIES LES PAUL PICKUP SPECS

I'm so blown away by how the stock pickups sound, I asked about them. From Sho Hara at Deviser:

Pickups
Their pickups are not Yuta but made at the same factory as Yuta.
The pickups of BLP-STD-FM are the followings;

Neck pick up; BHV-A5n
features: alnico5, urerethan #42, 5300 turns, 8.5k ohm
Bridge pick up; BHHb
features: ferrite, urethan #43, the bobbin inside; 7300turns, the bobbin outside: 7200turns
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:

I'm so blown away by how the stock pickups sound, I asked about them. From Sho Hara at Deviser:

Pickups

Neck pick up; BHV-A5n
Bridge pick up; BHHb
features: ferrite, urethan #43, the bobbin inside; 7300turns, the bobbin outside: 7200turns

Interesting!

Different wire, magnets and number of turns used for each one - that bridge pickup must be pretty beefy sounding?
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVsearch wrote:
marcusnieman wrote:

Pickups

Neck pick up; BHV-A5n
Bridge pick up; BHHb

Interesting!

Different wire, magnets and number of turns used for each one - that bridge pickup must be pretty beefy sounding?

I've asked Sho for the output on it..... it's got a really unique sound. Compared to my LS150 MKII bridge pickup, it just has a fatter sound.... not as biting as the MKII but still razor sharp. As I'd mentioned, the two pickups are so balanced in output to one another, that at the same volume, I don't need to roll down the neck volume when I switch back and forth from the neck on rhythm bits and bridge on solos.

I'm also thinking that the two different pickups add to the great, honking out of phase tone in the middle position - especially if I roll the neck pickup up a hair.

No way I'm ever swapping these out.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if anyones wondering those silver cables are the bomb. I did a cable shoot out and they won. More volume more punch more high end. Just better. Excetylene
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVsearch wrote:
marcusnieman wrote:

Pickups

Neck pick up; BHV-A5n
Bridge pick up; BHHb

Interesting!

Sho just got back to me.... output on the bridge is 14.7...... yeah, baby!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 15 of 23

Jump to: