looking for Greco Jazzmaster or Jaguar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dino747

Reaction score
Hello All
i am looking to get my hands on a Greco JazzMaster or Jaguar
if anyone see one please let me know

cheer

I advise you to get a refin original from the 60's.
Will cost you about the same but have much more mojo and feeling.

cfil6789-img600x450-1262572144pks8v223700.jpg

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f88252975

Koubayashi said:

I agree that I'd rather have the genuine vintage Fender, as they are one of the few vintage guitars that are still not that expensive.

But I don't think the Greco Jag/JM clones reach anywhere near the prices of the vintage Fenders. I saw a Greco JM go for 65k yen and a Jag for 80k on Yahoo, that's under a grand AUD, not expensive.

Problem is, you only get about 2 per year being listed, they are very hard to find.

JVsearch said:
Koubayashi said:

I agree that I'd rather have the genuine vintage Fender, as they are one of the few vintage guitars that are still not that expensive.

But I don't think the Greco Jag/JM clones reach anywhere near the prices of the vintage Fenders. I saw a Greco JM go for 65k yen and a Jag for 80k on Yahoo, that's under a grand AUD, not expensive.

Problem is, you only get about 2 per year being listed, they are very hard to find.

It is worth it to pay a little extra to get the real deal :wink:

Otherwise your option is to get a Fender Japan and change the pickups (which is the weakness on Grecos as well). Get one in burst cause the ones in solid colours are often made from basswood.

dino747 said:
Hello All

cheer

as much as i love fender guitars,there is just someting about those greco JM

AND SWEET JAG

The Jag I'd get would be a Fender Thin Skin Reissue Jag with the 9.5 inch radius and thin nitro finish.

They were a limited run though, so there's not that many left now, and a few of them were quite heavy (8.5 to 9lb range).

dino747 said:
dino747 said:
Hello All

cheer

as much as i love fender guitars,there is just someting about those greco JM

AND SWEET JAG

They're pretty rare, and in fact, much rarer than a vintage Fender! :lol:

So if you are patient, you could end up with a pretty rare Jag or JM. I don't think anyone here has got one, so you definitely need to get on Yahoo Japan and start monitoring the auctions.

JVsearch said:
They're pretty rare, and in fact, much rarer than a vintage Fender! :lol:

So if you are patient, you could end up with a pretty rare Jag or JM. I don't think anyone here has got one, so you definitely need to get on Yahoo Japan and start monitoring the auctions.

True they are very very rare.. but I think someone here own theses sisters: ;p
Jazzmasters01.jpg

I am (was) the owner of the two Greco Jazzmasters. I sold the CAR one a while back, but still have the surf green one (and it's not for sale!).

Having actually gotten to own/play these guitars, I agree that they're nice Jazzmasters. Pickups are a bit weak (a pickup swap solves that - preserve your originals, of course), but the fit and finish is great, and the 30 years of honest playwear gives them a feel that no new guitar can have.

Also agree that they're extremely hard to find. I looked for several years to find the ones I owned. Other than those two, I only saw one other - a sunburst - on Yahoo Japan.

I'd recommend continually checking eBay and Yahoo Japan. Good luck in your search!

bagadix said:
I am (was) the owner of the two Greco Jazzmasters. I sold the CAR one a while back, but still have the surf green one (and it's not for sale!).

Having actually gotten to own/play these guitars, I agree that they're nice Jazzmasters. Pickups are a bit weak (a pickup swap solves that - preserve your originals, of course), but the fit and finish is great, and the 30 years of honest playwear gives them a feel that no new guitar can have.

Also agree that they're extremely hard to find. I looked for several years to find the ones I owned. Other than those two, I only saw one other - a sunburst - on Yahoo Japan.

I'd recommend continually checking eBay and Yahoo Japan. Good luck in your search!

in time iam sure i will come across one

I have a JG700 Super Real JAG in CAR w/silver undercoat that I might be willing to part with. PM me if interested. I'm in the USA 8)

here is a pix of my greco V[/quote]

It would help if you didn't put up a password protected link to your pics[/quote]

tnks dude sorry for that

Latest posts

Back