New Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabe

Reaction score
Hi to All,
I wanted to post this message just for information for others based on my experience. I accidentley stumbled onto Tokai Registry and started to read messages and research Tokai's a little. I am a big Jimmy Page fan and always wanted a Les Paul, but couldn't afford one. I play just for fun, as a hobby. I'm not that great, but I can play a few things pretty good. I currently have 2 ESP guitars, a Flying Vee and an Explorer. I also have an Epiphone cheapo SG copy and a Fender acoustic, my wife also has a Takamine acoustic. I was a little scared after reading posts of korean tokais being sold as the japanese ones (which I understand to be much better). So I finally contacted Yoshi, the guy at Guitar Universe, which I do beleive is very close to the Japanese Tokai factory. The guy was extremley nice and answered all my questions. I ordered an LS70F. Not quite sure which Les Paul this is modeled after, would be nice if someone who knew would tell me. I ordered using EMS, which is basically United States Postal Service (It was a lot cheaper than UPS). I also had it insured, just in case there was any damage in shipping. I also ordered a Tokai case to help protect it. It arrived to me in North Carolina USA in less than a week. I had to pay no additional duty fees, it just came straight to me. I was nervous when I finally recieved it. When I cut the tape from the box, inside was a kinda wild looking guitar case. It was a mottled print,kind of brown in color with orange spots on it. I picked it up and noticed a gold plate on the case with the "Tokai Love Rock model" and full company name on it. I unclicked all the latches and when I opened it I was dumbfounded. The guitar was so beautiful, I was shaking. I lifted it up....God was it heavy. And the smell of fresh polyuerethane from the new finish. The guitar is cherry sunburst with the most awesome flame job. When I first tried it, I thought it buzzed a little. But after I got home, I realized it tuned down a step or two I guess for shipping. When I tuned it to A440 everything was dead on. The action is incredible. The guitar stays in tune so good. I am so proud of my Tokai guitar. The finish is A#1, the action and quality of the hardware is the best I've seen. I'm not a collector or an agent of any guitar compnay. I'm just a regular guy and wanted to share this because I had so many questions when I was wanting to order one. Plus, I guess the yen is taking a little beating recentley, the LS70F was 480$. Shipping was about 140$. Case was about 119$ (which I am impressed with). I have NO knowledge of past guitars or Tokai's from the eighties or nothing like that. But if you want a dream guitar, they are still the best thing around.
~Cabe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cabe on 2002-03-11 21:25 ]</font>

Cabe,

Glad you are enjoying you new Love Rocks, now you can understand what all the fuss is about. As for the model copied the LS70's are copies of 1956 Les Paul Standards. If you head over to the guitars page and head down to the Love Rocks section I have the models broken out by what years they represent.

Welcome to the team.

Ned

Congratulations,Cabe.

I ordered a very similar Love Rock like yours from Yoshi and I am very happy.Very good guitar for the money and beautiful look.
Mine came with a missaligned tune-omatic I had to fix,but no problem.I orderd a Tokai case,but it is not very hard for the road,but looks great.

I am looking for a third Tokai at this time,a high-end breezydound,ash body/maple neck.If someone here knows where I can get it,please tell me.Tokais are amazing.

I, too, am new to the Love Rock. I need help in how to "find" them in order to order one. This is a great site, and I look forward to participating more once I can purchase my own. hank

Go to the tokai regostry and click on links. Then click on Guitar Universe. You can then email the guy at Guitar Universe and ask him specific questions. Hope this helps.

The guitar was $480.00 at the time of purchase (it fluctuates witht the value of the yen) The case was $119.00 and shipping to USA was 140.00.

Latest posts

Back