Bacchus CLASSIC series?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks sneaky for that information. I have no experience with the Bacchus teles or strats but expect they would also be top quality. If you ever need to thin the telecaster herd please let me know since we are both on this side of the pond.

Here is a shot of the control cavty and neck pickup cavity of the Classic. No bad tenon join there.

a few days ago I had my Hamiltone clone apart to snap pics of the insides, heres a few. Whoever ordered this guitar made spared no expenses, in terms of craftsmanship it is as good as anything made by anybody I see in shops in this city and a big reason I own so many of their guitars. Shop staff told me the guy ordered the pots with plastic shafts because he wanted to cut down on noise as much as possible...it has all the best of everything in it, and has stainless frets too. He ordered it with Voo Doo p`ups and they sound very good to me...this is one guitar I will keep for as long as I am able to play it, when I`m old, decrepit and am unable to change my own Depends anymore...not that I`m wearing them yet but hey, could happen...I might, MIGHT think about selling the guitar.
Anyways...a few pics of the guitar...

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6109.jpg

the finish is extremely thin...
IMG_6105.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

might be hard to see from the pics but it has a maple cap, not a veneer...used my point and shoot for these close ups.

I started my new CD Monday. We finish up basic tracks in the morning. I put a scratch guitar track down tonight with the new classic. So good it's a bit scary. I had to adjust my amps to get the right tone but once I did it's extremely good. So much character and color in the sound. The Dry Z's are extremely clean. Probably too clean for a lot of folks but I happen to dig that sound. If I have one compliant of the guitar it's that I think the frets might be too high as when you hit it hard it wavers out of tune a little. And I hit pretty hard so I'm having to tone that down some. I'm assuming tat's from the frets being high. I'm using 11's tuned down half step. Anyway the record so far is kicking *** and I'm VERY excited. I'll get some pics of me playing it in the next few days as I start doing guitars and post them. I think I might have them put shorter frets on my Duke.

Mitch Malloy said:
...If I have one compliant of the guitar it's that I think the frets might be too high as when you hit it hard it wavers out of tune a little. And I hit pretty hard so I'm having to tone that down some. I'm assuming tat's from the frets being high. I'm using 11's tuned down half step. Anyway the record so far is kicking *** and I'm VERY excited. I'll get some pics of me playing it in the next few days as I start doing guitars and post them. I think I might have them put shorter frets on my Duke.

AFAIK the Dukes have small frets already, but it's worth checking anyway.

I know for sure that the frets on the recent Dukes are smaller than what was on the Vintage Series LPs (which were quite large frets).
And the Classic Series is kind of a reissue of the Vintage Series isn't it?

The frets might have been dressed to come up to a point in a triangle sort of way and if the fret heights are a bit on the higher side of things than it might lead to note intonation being a bit more dependent on finger pressure.

Scalloped fingerboards like Blackmore and Malmsteen have used would be a more extreme version of finger pressure affecting the intonation of notes.

A photo would speak a thousand words, though.

The unveiling was like opening King Tut's tomb.... the payoff was no less spectacular. As I opened the box, the smell of fresh nitro wafted out and I knew this was going to be good. The result is one of the sickest flame tops I've ever seen. Big fat neck...... enjoy these.... I sure did:

Bacchus1.jpg

Bacchus2.jpg

Bacchus3.jpg

Bacchus4.jpg

Bacchus5.jpg

Bacchus6.jpg

Bacchus7.jpg

Bacchus8.jpg

Bacchus9.jpg

Bacchus10.jpg

Bacchus11.jpg

Bacchus12.jpg

Bacchus13.jpg

Bacchus14.jpg

Bacchus15.jpg

Bacchus16.jpg

Bacchus17.jpg

Bacchus18.jpg

Bacchus19.jpg

Oh yeah!! :D

Glad it got there safely.

It looks more flamey than the first pic we saw!
Although I expect you've used the most complementary pics, right? :)

JVsearch said:
Oh yeah!! :D

Glad it got there safely.

It looks more flamey than the first pic we saw!
Although I expect you've used the most complementary pics, right? :)

It's alot more flamey..... and no, I put up every pic I took of it... no editing or pre selection. I reshot a couple of them because my hands were shaking and they were blurry.....LOL

Stunning!! - how does she play?

PS I've been away for a few days and should report that the Bacchus BSG-68V BR-OIL is winging it's way to me from Ishibashi as we speak. :D

Dave

DaveWW said:
Stunning!! - how does she play?

Dave

Dunno... I just opened it up after it arrived here at work today. Haven't plugged it into anything. Tuned it up and plinked around on it. Very resonant.... rings for days.

The 10's are too flimsy for me... especially on a big neck like it has. Gonna put some 11's on it and take it for a spin this weekend. Will get some body cavity photos for y'all when I do.

It really is an amazingly beautiful guitar to look at. I can't find a singe flaw on it. There isn't even the slightest gap between the fretboard inlays and the wood (which does need a little lemon oil). The inlays have than nice amber/green hue to them. And the Bacchus logo on the headstock appears to be real mother of pearl.... lot's of color (greens, reds) when the light hits it right.

BUT on a sad note, I can't afford to keep this one and the LS150...... but before I make any decision, will do a thorough side by side playing comparison. I can already tell you, this big 59 neck will take some getting used to.

It'll be good to get more info. Don't know how they do it for the money and the pic's will be interesting! Do you think the top is solid? The info on their web-site is hard to translate accurately so I wasn't sure.

Dave

That is killer Marcus! I doubt that there is a better value Les Paul out there at the moment if you want a bit of flame. It's pity that you can't keep this one and your Tokai too.

I wish I'd never sold my Bacchus strat...

Back