Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus CLASSIC series?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot damn, here is another beauty flame top from Digimart that was listed April 22:

I'd almost consider selling some other guitars to get that one as well.

marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing.....incredible workmanship
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally drooling. I put the graphtech aluminum hardware on including the pole pieces and stop tail piece and the bridge with the Tusq saddles. Wow. It's easier to play bends easier has more sustain and feels older. Keep in mind the Classic series has Zink hardware. Aluminum blows it away and makes the guitar not only lighter but it gives the notes a lighter feel sort of gives it more air. Hard to explain but If you have not invested in their Aluminum hardware with the tusq saddles you simply have GOT to. It makes a HUGE difference to me. Also I put the dry z's in. Nice.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch Malloy wrote:
Totally drooling. I put the graphtech aluminum hardware on including the pole pieces and stop tail piece and the bridge with the Tusq saddles. Wow. It's easier to play bends easier has more sustain and feels older. Keep in mind the Classic series has Zink hardware. Aluminum blows it away and makes the guitar not only lighter but it gives the notes a lighter feel sort of gives it more air. Hard to explain but If you have not invested in their Aluminum hardware with the tusq saddles you simply have GOT to. It makes a HUGE difference to me. Also I put the dry z's in. Nice.

Man, that sounds great. I'm big on the Faber locking components - tailpiece (alum of course) and studs, bridge (brass saddles) and studs. I also like the RS Guitarworks Kluson/Tonepros tuners..... gonna play the Classic stock for awhile and then upgrade the hardware..... that's if I like it at all and decide to keep it (hehe....)
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's what I did. I gave it a week then changed it all out except the threaded pole pieces that the bridge sits on. I didn't know how to remove it till I was already done restringing with everything else changed out so it's still got the Zink. And my Graphtech pieces with the wheels attached are a bit bigger than the ones in there so I'm scared I'm gonna screw it up and damage the whole. That's one step I've never done. I hate to start on my best new guitar. I will hopefully get the balls to do the threaded poles in a few days or when the strings die. I like the locking stuff as well and I think Graphtech makes that now I'm not sure but I'm telling you you have simply GOT to try their aluminum bridge with the Tusq saddles. It's astounding to me. It just kinda blows my mind cause I'm so old school and I thing having anything but metal on metal is blasphemy. But they proved me wrong. Easier to bend easier to play and sounds better. No brainer. I haven't played this much electric guitar since I was just learning when I was a teenager.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the saddles white (like the old school nylon saddles Gibson put on their hollow bodies)? Put up some pics, Mitch.... I'd like to see what the rig looks like
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you let me know about different levels (series) in recent and old Bacchus?
You have GASsed me!!!
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luis wrote:
Would you let me know about different levels (series) in recent and old Bacchus?
You have GASsed me!!!

I don't know enought about the Vintage Series (Live Road) Les Pauls to be accurate on a comparison.... but I do know that they are superb guitars. Could be that they were all nitro finish while the Classic Series are nitro top coat over poly.... does any one have the spec data on the Vintage Series?
wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in brief, I can say that the old ones did not have PIO caps or CTS pots like the Classic. As well, the Classic has black sheilding paint in the cavities with a ground wire from the neck volume pot to the neck cavity which is a nice modern touch.

For finish, I am not sure if my Live Road is all-lacquer or not. I doubt it is nitro lacquer though.

In terms of the quality no change that I can tell. Very nice, tight neck tenons on both.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they did make some with US parts, there were the models shown in catalogs then there were the limited runs as well as other models ...if I remember my Muddy Waters tele has US electronics and I do remember it has US p`ups. One day I held in my hand one of those limited run LP types and thought...too heavy, I was more interested in strats and teles at the time...and, the LP was 200,000 yen, the shop price was 200,000 so add 20% to that as the MSRP, but it sure was a beauty.
I have another tele...actually I have several...but one I`m thinking of that came stock with Fralin p`ups was also 200,000 yen originally and it also has US electronics...and I had to think it over because I thought it was a lot to pay for a Bacchus...I mean, I was getting others for around half of that all the time... so models with US electronics are out there. All my other production Bacchus guitars, came stock with full size Noble pots and to this day I have never had a problem with any of them and they used US made steel switches, unlike the Fender Japan CIJ models that come with tiny pots and plastic switches...and I`m not saying those are bad, some guys use them without any trouble while others change out all the electronics immediately, up to them. But word is out on Bacchus now so even if you find one of those high end models you will have to pay for it.
wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks sneaky for that information. I have no experience with the Bacchus teles or strats but expect they would also be top quality. If you ever need to thin the telecaster herd please let me know since we are both on this side of the pond.

Here is a shot of the control cavty and neck pickup cavity of the Classic. No bad tenon join there.

japanstrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a near perfectly fitted tenon.
As good as I've seen.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few days ago I had my Hamiltone clone apart to snap pics of the insides, heres a few. Whoever ordered this guitar made spared no expenses, in terms of craftsmanship it is as good as anything made by anybody I see in shops in this city and a big reason I own so many of their guitars. Shop staff told me the guy ordered the pots with plastic shafts because he wanted to cut down on noise as much as possible...it has all the best of everything in it, and has stainless frets too. He ordered it with Voo Doo p`ups and they sound very good to me...this is one guitar I will keep for as long as I am able to play it, when I`m old, decrepit and am unable to change my own Depends anymore...not that I`m wearing them yet but hey, could happen...I might, MIGHT think about selling the guitar.
Anyways...a few pics of the guitar...

the finish is extremely thin...

sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

might be hard to see from the pics but it has a maple cap, not a veneer...used my point and shoot for these close ups.

Last edited by sneakyjapan on Mon May 02, 2011 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 11 of 23

Jump to: