Bacchus CLASSIC series?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was too late it,s been sold, i,d get one of the new classic sg,s but the two peice bodies put me off. I,ll get one someday.

japtone said:
I was too late it,s been sold, i,d get one of the new classic sg,s but the two peice bodies put me off. I,ll get one someday.

Yeah that's bad luck, you've got to be really quick with Ishibashi; I've missed out on every guitar (about 3 or 4) I tried to buy from them. :)

JVsearch said:
japtone said:

Yeah that's bad luck, you've got to be really quick with Ishibashi; I've missed out on every guitar (about 3 or 4) I tried to buy from them. :)

I've bought several guitars from them over the years. Only missed out on one I wanted. You've just gotta monitor their site several million times a day like I do JV :D

Bad luck about the SG dude.

youami said:
JVsearch said:
japtone said:

I've bought several guitars from them over the years. Only missed out on one I wanted. You've just gotta monitor their site several million times a day like I do JV :D

For all of you, now you have the direct contact to Kaz... their import manager. If you see anything you're interested, contact him/her directly. I got both of mine (Charleys strat, Jeff Beck Telegib) without a problem

wulfman said:
You got this ugly one? :wink:

img57671661.jpg

That is another amazing unique top. I like the way the growth rings are not straight like on some flametops. I am sure you will love it. Mine is SN# -365 so probably made by the same people at the same time.

It just shipped via Hisashi.... I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning

youami wrote:
JVsearch wrote:
japtone wrote:

Yeah that's bad luck, you've got to be really quick with Ishibashi; I've missed out on every guitar (about 3 or 4) I tried to buy from them.

I've bought several guitars from them over the years. Only missed out on one I wanted. You've just gotta monitor their site several million times a day like I do JV

Thanks for the condolencies everybody but it was a little bit tatty hopefully i,ll get a better one for not that much more money. I,d better be quick though, these are surely going to be held in the same regard as early tokai,s and priced accordingly. i,ve got my new duke to keep me going, been very busy at work hence the spare cash and will introduce you to my small collection of mij with photos soon.

I thought I would take a picture of my LPs together. You can see that the inlays are different on the Classic series and the Vintage series with the Live Road having a little more green tinge.

used to be when someone made an inquiry on a guitar in the U-Box it was automatically put on hold for 3 days, provided you were the first...don`t know if they still do that now because they are on e-bay and there are so many more people contacting them from overseas.
Don`t forget Golden Week is next week so things get slowed down quite a bit all over the country, I bet their stores will be extremely busy so mail replies could be affected.

used to be when someone made an inquiry on a guitar in the U-Box it was automatically put on hold for 3 days, provided you were the first...don`t know if they still do that now because they are on e-bay and there are so many more people contacting them from overseas.
Don`t forget Golden Week is next week so things get slowed down quite a bit all over the country, I bet their stores will be extremely busy so mail replies could be affected.
Ishibashi hasn,t replied to me saying it,s been sold i saw it on the website they havent replied to say it,s been put on hold either so i presume someone else has got it ?. :roll:

Hot ****, here is another beauty flame top from Digimart that was listed April 22:

DS01270614_1.jpg

DS01270614.jpg

I'd almost consider selling some other guitars to get that one as well.

:)

Totally drooling. I put the graphtech aluminum hardware on including the pole pieces and stop tail piece and the bridge with the Tusq saddles. Wow. It's easier to play bends easier has more sustain and feels older. Keep in mind the Classic series has Zink hardware. Aluminum blows it away and makes the guitar not only lighter but it gives the notes a lighter feel sort of gives it more air. Hard to explain but If you have not invested in their Aluminum hardware with the tusq saddles you simply have GOT to. It makes a HUGE difference to me. Also I put the dry z's in. Nice.

Mitch Malloy said:
Totally drooling. I put the graphtech aluminum hardware on including the pole pieces and stop tail piece and the bridge with the Tusq saddles. Wow. It's easier to play bends easier has more sustain and feels older. Keep in mind the Classic series has Zink hardware. Aluminum blows it away and makes the guitar not only lighter but it gives the notes a lighter feel sort of gives it more air. Hard to explain but If you have not invested in their Aluminum hardware with the tusq saddles you simply have GOT to. It makes a HUGE difference to me. Also I put the dry z's in. Nice.

Man, that sounds great. I'm big on the Faber locking components - tailpiece (alum of course) and studs, bridge (brass saddles) and studs. I also like the RS Guitarworks Kluson/Tonepros tuners..... gonna play the Classic stock for awhile and then upgrade the hardware..... that's if I like it at all and decide to keep it (hehe....)

Yeah that's what I did. I gave it a week then changed it all out except the threaded pole pieces that the bridge sits on. I didn't know how to remove it till I was already done restringing with everything else changed out so it's still got the Zink. And my Graphtech pieces with the wheels attached are a bit bigger than the ones in there so I'm scared I'm gonna screw it up and damage the whole. That's one step I've never done. I hate to start on my best new guitar. I will hopefully get the balls to do the threaded poles in a few days or when the strings die. I like the locking stuff as well and I think Graphtech makes that now I'm not sure but I'm telling you you have simply GOT to try their aluminum bridge with the Tusq saddles. It's astounding to me. It just kinda blows my mind cause I'm so old school and I thing having anything but metal on metal is blasphemy. But they proved me wrong. Easier to bend easier to play and sounds better. No brainer. I haven't played this much electric guitar since I was just learning when I was a teenager.

Are the saddles white (like the old school nylon saddles Gibson put on their hollow bodies)? Put up some pics, Mitch.... I'd like to see what the rig looks like

Would you let me know about different levels (series) in recent and old Bacchus?
You have GASsed me!!! :D

luis said:
Would you let me know about different levels (series) in recent and old Bacchus?
You have GASsed me!!! :D

I don't know enought about the Vintage Series (Live Road) Les Pauls to be accurate on a comparison.... but I do know that they are superb guitars. Could be that they were all nitro finish while the Classic Series are nitro top coat over poly.... does any one have the spec data on the Vintage Series?

Just in brief, I can say that the old ones did not have PIO caps or CTS pots like the Classic. As well, the Classic has black sheilding paint in the cavities with a ground wire from the neck volume pot to the neck cavity which is a nice modern touch.

For finish, I am not sure if my Live Road is all-lacquer or not. I doubt it is nitro lacquer though.

In terms of the quality no change that I can tell. Very nice, tight neck tenons on both.

they did make some with US parts, there were the models shown in catalogs then there were the limited runs as well as other models ...if I remember my Muddy Waters tele has US electronics and I do remember it has US p`ups. One day I held in my hand one of those limited run LP types and thought...too heavy, I was more interested in strats and teles at the time...and, the LP was 200,000 yen, the shop price was 200,000 so add 20% to that as the MSRP, but it sure was a beauty.
I have another tele...actually I have several...but one I`m thinking of that came stock with Fralin p`ups was also 200,000 yen originally and it also has US electronics...and I had to think it over because I thought it was a lot to pay for a Bacchus...I mean, I was getting others for around half of that all the time... so models with US electronics are out there. All my other production Bacchus guitars, came stock with full size Noble pots and to this day I have never had a problem with any of them and they used US made steel switches, unlike the Fender Japan CIJ models that come with tiny pots and plastic switches...and I`m not saying those are bad, some guys use them without any trouble while others change out all the electronics immediately, up to them. But word is out on Bacchus now so even if you find one of those high end models you will have to pay for it.

Back