2000 Bacchus BLS-700QM

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willows-62

Reaction score
I am looking at a 2000 Bacchus BLS-700QM. It would end up costing me about AUD$1200.00 (incl. shipping to Melbourne, Australia). I know the later models are/were made in China, but I'm pretty sure that this particular model is MIJ. Any thoughts/information would be greatly appreciated. :D

Cant pretend to be an expert on the older bacchus guitars but i,ve never heard of a MIJ BLS700QM, there are more knowledgeable people here but they would need detailed photos to be sure, if you cant verify it,s MIJ i would walk away, Best advice i can give is keep saving and get a Handmade Duke, they are incredible guitars which can be got cheaper than you think look at www.kurosawagakki.com

I've never heard of a MIJ BLS-700QM either. By all accounts, they are good guitars, but your resale will be hit unless you can prove that it is MIJ.

I've just flicked an email to Deviser asking them where it would have been made. I'll let you know if/when I get an answer.

My first instinct is that it is not MIJ.
That model number is usually associated with the lower ranges, and indicates a guitar that costs 70k yen.
If it is that type of model that is being offered for $1200 AUD you may be at risk of being royally shafted.

Can we see the advert/offering details for this LP you're interested in?

One of the more expensive ebay sellers has a genuine MIJ Bacchus Vintage Series LP for less than that price (without shipping)
but it has been listed for months so maybe try him with a lower price and see if he goes for it.

JVsearch said:
That model number is usually associated with the lower ranges, and indicates a guitar that costs 70k yen.
If it is that type of model that is being offered for $1200 AUD you may be at risk of being royally shafted.

One of the more expensive ebay sellers has a genuine MIJ Bacchus Vintage Series LP for less than that price (without shipping)
but it has been listed for months so maybe try him with a lower price and see if he goes for it.
From the information I have received, my interest has diminished.
The link is www.guitarsjapan.com
I am now looking at a couple of Burneys' with koiz-guitars (ebay). He has a vintage Bacchus listed BLS 59 Same one?
Cheers; Brad

willows-62 said:
JVsearch said:

I am now looking at a couple of Burneys' with koiz-guitars (ebay). He has a vintage Bacchus listed BLS 59 Same one?
Cheers; Brad

Yes, it was Koiz I was talking about, he knows his guitars and gets some very good stuff, but can be a bit hard to communicate with.
But that's to be expected - Aussies are usually rubbish at speaking Japanese!

The other place doesn't sell on ebay...
And I would be very surprised if that Bacchus was MIJ.

You know there's a Bacchus dealer here in Melbourne with a lot of good stuff, although they don't seem to have much in the way of used LPs at the moment.
Maybe drop them an email, at least you'll be able to check a guitar out before you buy it.

You could also look at buying a Bacchus off Yahoo Japan using Rinkya - there are 3 or 4 good deals on there right at the moment.
However, there are obviously risks involved with this.

JVsearch said:
willows-62 said:
JVsearch said:

Cheers; Brad

Yes, it was Koiz I was talking about, he knows his guitars and gets some very good stuff, but can be a bit hard to communicate with.

You know there's a Bacchus dealer here in Melbourne with a lot of good stuff, although they don't seem to have much in the way of used LPs at the moment.
Maybe drop them an email, at least you'll be able to check a guitar out before you buy it.

You could also look at buying a Bacchus off Yahoo Japan using Rinkya - there are 3 or 4 good deals on there right at the moment.

I'm looking at this particular Burny. Your thoughts?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAP.dll?viewitem&item=170551335284&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

willows-62 said:
JVsearch said:
willows-62 said:
JVsearch said:

Cheers; Brad

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAP.dll?viewitem&item=170551335284&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
There's also this one. It looks like a "Super Grade". FLG?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAP.dll?viewitem&item=170632261336&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

willows-62 said:
willows-62 said:
JVsearch said:
willows-62 said:
JVsearch said:

Cheers; Brad

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAP.dll?viewitem&item=170632261336&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Sorry had to amend item number.

willows-62 said:
JVsearch said:
willows-62 said:
JVsearch said:

Cheers; Brad

Koiz doesn't know his guitars very well. That's a LG75GR because of the absence of pickguard screw holes and Super Grade logo. Very expensive for such a model. Has an offset veneer also.

willows-62 said:
willows-62 said:
JVsearch said:
willows-62 said:
JVsearch said:

Cheers; Brad

That's a 1988 Dyna made RLG-50 with VH3s

jacco said:
Koiz doesn't know his guitars very well. That's a LG75GR because of the absence of pickguard screw holes and Super Grade logo. Very expensive for such a model. Has an offset veneer also.

Well ok, he doesn't know all of them, but he's pretty good on Tokai and Bacchus as well as most high end MIJ.

To the OP, I can't help you with Burny, Greco or Orville.
And you'd be better off posting in the right forum for questions about those, just because you're more likely to get answers there.

Ok, I can only judge him from the times I had contact with him regarding Burny's and Greco's and the above mentioned is my experience.

Response from Deviser below:

Subject - Fw: Year 2000 BLS-700QM

Dear Mr. Sam,

Thank you for your inquiry. It has been manufactured in China from the beginning.

Best regards,
Sho Hara
---------------------------------
Deviser Co. Ltd.
7072-6 Sasaga, Matsumoto
Nagano 399-0033, Japan
Mail: [email protected]
Web site: http://www.deviser.co.jp

Thank you to all concerned for your assistance and advice. Very much appreciated. I will continue my seaech for my "ideal" guitar.

Back