• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Tokai LS80F MVF 'relic' series from 2002/3

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prudd

Reaction score
NOW SOLD......missing it already :cry:

For sale, my much admired 'Relic' LS80f in matte violin finish, its one of the 36 or so created around 2002/3.
You either love or hate this sort of thing and there are various posts and discussions about these guitars on the Forum, they were guitars that were only available in the UK as far as I know. here is a taster pic, more below

tokai005-1.jpg

Check out lots of pics here:

http://s693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/prudd/tokai%20ls80f%20mvf%20relic%202002/

Its currently got an aluminium tailpiece and brass saddles on it, I will be replaceing these with the original parts prior to selling.

I have flipped the magnet in the neck p/up (reversable mod) in order to achieve the Peter Green tone, it has paper in oil caps and it sounds wonderfull IMO.

Pick up only available in either Cheshire or the South Beds area.
would be willing to deliver/meet within 30/40 miles of runcorn or dunstable for petrol money.

This LS plays beautifully and sounds great. For sale at ?570

Thanks for your interest guy's.
Im not at home until sunday so cant give an exact weight but its just under 9lbs if i remember rightly.
the truss rod cover is as far as I know the one supplied with the guitar and there is only one screw hole on the headstock.
The bridge is also original as far as I know and like the p/ups and hardware was supplied by Wilkinson, again only going on what Ive been told and what Ive read over the years.There is a mark on the underside of the bridge but cant remember what it say's, its definately not Gotoh though.
The story is (and again Im no expert) that unadorned japanese LS's were delivered to Tokai Uk who then had the relicing done by a UK luthier and Uk sorced parts were used to complete them. Some headstocks had serial numbers and some did not, i checked various details about this guitar with Bob at tokai Uk before buying it and was quite happy to go ahead and with the purchase having spoken to him. Im glad I did buy it as well as it is a cracking guitar, Ive had to think long and hard as to wether this or my PRS SC250 was the guitar I would sell to make room for a PRS DGT.

I used to own the exact same model as this. The truss rod cover is the standard one fitted, as is the bridge and tailpiece. Browsing the pics, it looks identical to the guitar I used to own, except the relic-ing was slightly different as you'd expect.

These are cracking guitars - good luck with the sale matey!

There were two batches in different years. I was lucky to try one of the first batch(less guitars ) and it was avery good guitar and the reliced was not so extrem as the one for sale.I preferred it over my '02 regular LS-70 VF.

Just got back home, I lied about the weight :oops: , its actually 9lb 3oz, not what I said before, I think it must have been the LS75 I had that was under 9lb.
Also forgot to mention it doesnt have a case, my brother's got a Hiscox Les Paul case, he will want ?40 for it if whoever buys the Tokai is interested.

easter weekend bump.

one the same as mine just sold for ?1000 on Ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230608593036&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

which is crazy, someones paid too much for this guitar I think!

Hi Paul,

Nice guitar ha ha!!! (it's Leon who sold it you)

check out my Tele listing (62 reissue) my tickle your fancy... or it may not!

Cheers :wink:

thejonester said:
Hi Paul,

Nice guitar ha ha!!! (it's Leon who sold it you)

check out my Tele listing (62 reissue) my tickle your fancy... or it may not!

Cheers :wink:

Hi Leon, how you doin'? i did email you a while back but got no reply, I cant remember what about though!.
The Tele looks super but its not for me Im afraid.
Im begining to have doubts about selling the relic, its a little cracker!, the only reason I put it up in the first place was because I got a PRS DGT and felt a bit 'tender' in the money department (and over-run with humbuckered guitars!), that's starting to ease a bit so I might remove the post.
keep in touch, Paul

Latest posts

Back