Egnater Tweaker Head & Cab

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveWW

Reaction score
Went to GuitarGuitar in Newcastle yesterday and now I'm officially a "Tweaker" (think I always was :wink: ) :D

JohnA came in to try it as well and I think he was also impressed (but he's holding out for a transatlantic :wink: )

It's a fantastic amp that does exactly what it says on the tin. It goes from nice fendery clean chimes to heavy AC/DC type Marshall overdrives and beyond. Bags of clean headroom even at full belt and with the master volume you can get really nice tube overdrive at bedroom levels.

Sound wise I can't really fault it and for the price I think it's outstanding value.

I think it's loud enough to gig with, certainly with bigger cab's, if that's what you wanted to do with it some of the controls would be much better on a foot switch or at least the hot/clean channel.

If you're not familiar with the Tweaker there's a reasonable demo here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYkhasnP8CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL1Mc_OY0J8

Dave :D

Yes, it did sound nice, and I would be tempted, but as you say I think I'll hold out for a transatlantic. The problem with putting the tweaks on a footswitch is you woule need relays to do the switching inside the cab which would add 100 quid to the price, I bet they come out with a 30W version with a footswitch but it'll be a lot more expensive!

You're right they are already talking about a Tweaker 40W with a footswitch. No idea what the cost will be though.

At the minute it's the clean sounds that are impressing me. Sounded nice in the shop but now sounds even better with my guitars and a bit of reverb. :D

That 20 minutes in the shop is going to cost me a fortune, now I NEED an ESP eclipse!!

The Tweaker was great, I think almost there with the transatlantic without the channel switching and less volume, but 1/3 of the price!! You can't go wrong!!

You're just way to needy :wink:

As for the amp - it looks so cute :D

IMG_0638.jpg

Hi Dave,

Now that you've had the Tweaker for a while do you have any criticisms to share?

I hadn't noticed it before this thread and it's got me fairly curious.

Cheers,

Andy.

Hi Andy, No criticism at all except there's a lot to tweak which is hardly a criticism :lol:

I'm now using it a lot with a Pod HD300 in front of it and the combination is great. With that in front of it it's easily gigable as well as a great home amp. If your interested you should definitely give one a try.

Dave

Back