Willie Nile (USA) Band UK Tour, April 2011

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mole Man

Reaction score
Hi Tokai Forum Folks,

I'm booked for 4 gigs (yes 4) next week, that's just how highly I rate this guy and his band. His new CD, "The Innocent Ones", is chock full of rousing New Wave Rock anthems and is a must buy.

Willie Nile Band UK Tour Dates, April 2011 (Edited to include further dates)

Fri 8th, The Pound Inn, Coxley
Sat 9th, The Ent Shed, Gordon Arms, Bedford
Sun 10th, Joe's Garage @ All Saints Arts Centre, Whetstone (The Who's Roger Daltrey is rumoured to be turning up to this one as he's a huge fan...)
Mon 11th, The Grey?s, Brighton, SOLD OUT
Wed 13th, The Tropic, Ruislip S.C., NW London
Thu 14th, 12 Bar Club, Denmark Street, London
Fri 15th The Bullingdon Arms, Oxford
Sat 16th, Subtone,Cheltenham
Sun 17th, Maze, Nottingham

It would be great to see you at any of the above gigs. You won't be sorry!

Scroll down for Promoter, Pete Feenstra's e-mail for further info.

Best wishes,
Darren Wisdom

http://www.feenstra.co.uk/
http://www.tropicatruislip.co.uk/
http://www.willienile.com/

The New York Times called him "one of the most gifted singer-songwriters to emerge from the New York scene in years." His album ?Streets Of New York? was hailed as ?a platter for the ages? by UNCUT magazine. He has been called "a one-man Clash" (UNCUT) and his critically acclaimed albums have gotten rave reviews around the world. Bono, Lou Reed, Lucinda Williams, Jim Jarmusch, Adam Duritz and Little Steven are among those who have sung his praises.

Sunday 10th April: WILLIE NILE Band (USA) play Joe?s Garage @ the All
Saints Arts Centre N20. Doors 8pm - Tickets ?10adv/?12 on door
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhuk3zbPFS0
Championed by The Who (and Roger Daltrey who may well be at the show!!), feted by Springsteen and crucially praised by the broadsheets, Willie Nile is both a superb performer and an outstanding song writer with a killer band.
You can walk miles from the All saints Arts centre, all the way to the heart
of London, but you won?t hear better!
Over the years, the Buffalo, NY-born singer has recorded and performed with The Who, Ringo Starr, Lucinda Williams, Richard Thompson, Roger McGuinn, Levon Helm, The Pretenders, Counting Crows, Jakob Dylan, Rosanne Cash and many others.

Willie was born in Buffalo NY; he sings, plays guitar and piano, lives in
New York City and has outstanding parking tickets in many states.
The New York Times called him "one of the most gifted singer-songwriters to emerge from the New York scene in years."
His album ?Streets Of New York? was hailed as ?a platter for the ages? by
UNCUT magazine. He has been called "a one-man Clash" (UNCUT) and his
critically acclaimed albums have gotten rave reviews around the world.
Bono, Lou Reed, Lucinda Williams, Jim Jarmusch, Adam Duritz and Little
Steven are among those who have sung his praises.
Willie Nile is a songwriters? songwriter and his live performances are
legendary. He has toured across the U.S. opening for The Who at the
personal request of the band and sang with Bruce Springsteen at Giant
Stadium. Bruce recently joined Willie on stage in Asbury Park for Willie?s
song ?Heaven Help The Lonely?

Regards,
Pete Feenstra
www.feenstra.co.uk

Mole Man said:
Hi Tokai Forum Folks,

I'm booked for 4 gigs (yes 4) next week, that's just how highly I rate this guy and his band. His new CD, "The Innocent Ones", is chock full of rousing New Wave Rock anthems and is a must buy.

Willie Nile Band UK Tour Dates, April 2011

Fri 8th, The Pound Inn, Coxley
Sat 9th, The Ent Shed, Gordon Arms, Bedford
Sun 10th, Joe's Garage @ All Saints Arts Centre, Whetstone (The Who's Roger Daltrey is rumoured to be turning up to this one as he's a huge fan...)
Mon 11th, The Grey?s, Brighton, SOLD OUT
Wed 13th, The Tropic, Ruislip S.C., NW London
Thu 14th, 12 Bar Club, Denmark Street, London
Fri 15th, The Bullingdon Arms, Oxford
Sun 17th Maze, Nottingham

It would be great to see you at any of the above gigs. You won't be sorry!

Scroll down for Promoter, Pete Feenstra's e-mail for further info.

Best wishes,
Darren Wisdom

http://www.feenstra.co.uk/
http://www.tropicatruislip.co.uk/
http://www.willienile.com/

The New York Times called him "one of the most gifted singer-songwriters to emerge from the New York scene in years." His album ?Streets Of New York? was hailed as ?a platter for the ages? by UNCUT magazine. He has been called "a one-man Clash" (UNCUT) and his critically acclaimed albums have gotten rave reviews around the world. Bono, Lou Reed, Lucinda Williams, Jim Jarmusch, Adam Duritz and Little Steven are among those who have sung his praises.

Sunday 10th April: WILLIE NILE Band (USA) play Joe?s Garage @ the All
Saints Arts Centre N20. Doors 8pm - Tickets ?10adv/?12 on door
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhuk3zbPFS0
Championed by The Who (and Roger Daltrey who may well be at the show!!), feted by Springsteen and crucially praised by the broadsheets, Willie Nile is both a superb performer and an outstanding song writer with a killer band.
You can walk miles from the All saints Arts centre, all the way to the heart
of London, but you won?t hear better!
Over the years, the Buffalo, NY-born singer has recorded and performed with The Who, Ringo Starr, Lucinda Williams, Richard Thompson, Roger McGuinn, Levon Helm, The Pretenders, Counting Crows, Jakob Dylan, Rosanne Cash and many others.

Willie was born in Buffalo NY; he sings, plays guitar and piano, lives in
New York City and has outstanding parking tickets in many states.
The New York Times called him "one of the most gifted singer-songwriters to emerge from the New York scene in years."
His album ?Streets Of New York? was hailed as ?a platter for the ages? by
UNCUT magazine. He has been called "a one-man Clash" (UNCUT) and his
critically acclaimed albums have gotten rave reviews around the world.
Bono, Lou Reed, Lucinda Williams, Jim Jarmusch, Adam Duritz and Little
Steven are among those who have sung his praises.
Willie Nile is a songwriters? songwriter and his live performances are
legendary. He has toured across the U.S. opening for The Who at the
personal request of the band and sang with Bruce Springsteen at Giant
Stadium. Bruce recently joined Willie on stage in Asbury Park for Willie?s
song ?Heaven Help The Lonely?

Regards,
Pete Feenstra
www.feenstra.co.uk

Cool... I found out about Willie thru his Italian girlfriend and photographer, Cristina Arrigoni (she's a facebook friend of mine). Willie's the real deal.

Still working up a full gig report but wanted to just say that the Willie Nile Band at Whetstone, London last night was just off-the-scale superb!!!!
My nomination for the "Best Gig of 2011", (and it's still only April)!!!!!

I met Cristina Arrigoni, she was dodging around everywhere taking pictures!

Mole Man said:
I met Cristina Arrigoni, she was dodging around everywhere taking pictures!

Meant to tell you that she has an EXCELLENT book of her music photography - all black and white photos. You need to get a copy of it.

I work in the field of stock photography and really rate her work. I will talk to her again when I see Willie's band again this Wednesday/Thursday and Friday!!

Mole Man said:
I work in the field of stock photography and really rate her work. I will talk to her again when I see Willie's band again this Wednesday/Thursday and Friday!!

Tell her Marcus from America says hi - we chat back and forth on Facebook. Her work is stellar - get her Facebook address if you're on it. You can see alot of her stuff - she is a very prolific poster of her photos. She has lots of Willie pictures too (well, not that kind of Willie.... you know what I mean - :wink: )

marcusnieman said:
Mole Man said:

Tell her Marcus from America says hi - we chat back and forth on Facebook. Her work is stellar - get her Facebook address if you're on it. You can see alot of her stuff - she is a very prolific poster of her photos. She has lots of Willie pictures too (well, not that kind of Willie.... you know what I mean - :wink: )

Seeing Willie's band tonight so will do! (Don't worry, I know the kind of Willie that you have in mind...). I'm also now friends with Christina on Facebook.

Christina certainly remembers you, Marcus! I mentioned your name to her after one of Willie's shows here in London last week and she reacted with instant warmth and familiarity. You must have made quite the impression...

Mole Man said:
Christina certainly remembers you, Marcus! I mentioned your name to her after one of Willie's shows here in London last week and she reacted with instant warmth and familiarity. You must have made quite the impression...

She's a sweetheart. Somebody stole her whole camera bag with cameras, lenses, photos from the tour .... the whole lot .... from one of the last shows. Lost everything. Hard to believe such scum exist in today's world.

Deadman said:
Bollocks.

I missed the 15th in Oxford. Wish I'd known.

Well I ended up working late that evening and missed the show too. I had meant to get the Oxford Tube up from London. I am told that Willie plans on retuning to the UK for next October, but information suggests that it is being planned as a tour of Northern venues (with perhaps one London date).

marcusnieman said:
Mick51 said:
marcusnieman said:
Hard to believe such scum exist in today's world.

It was easier to deal with when knocking heads was still accepted behavior.

Yeah, you're right about that.

That is just horrible news! I saw Christina work so hard at three shows to capture shots of Willie and the band. Hanging is too good for the scrote responsible for the theft!!!!

Mole Man said:
That is just horrible news! I saw Christina work so hard at three shows to capture shots of Willie and the band. Hanging is too good for the scrote responsible for the theft!!!!

Yeah, she's all over the place when she works.... and the result are some incredible photos.... the camera can be replaced (I'm sure it was insured) but to lose a series of work that cannot be, it's heartbreaking. I'm sure the douche will dump the memory card.

Latest posts

Back