Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus CLASSIC series?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemonkey
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those flame tops are just incredible value. And the SGs just give me serious GAS. They look exactly how an early '60s SG should. Super sharp bevels. And, unlike the custom shop Gibsons, the pickguard is actually the right size.
wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacco wrote:
That's a beauty Harold!
What strikes me (again) is how much the maho back on these current models look different from late 70s/early 80s MIJs, don't you think too?

I have seen lots of Fujigen 2-pc backs like that but that is because they match the grain to make them look like a 1-pc. This one is no nonsense straight grain too. I like some of the older MIJ ones with unique backs like flaming or strong rings, but I guess that may be more expensive or a different type of mahogany.

I think they keep these ones a little more plain than the really limited "Momose" LPs.
jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes exactly. To me the older ones have more radiant maho too.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wulfman wrote:
I thought I'd show one of these Bacchus classics up close...

Holy moly! Solid top?

Very good of you to pick one of these up so the rest of us can have a look at it!
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacco wrote:
That's a beauty Harold!
What strikes me (again) is how much the maho back on these current models look different from late 70s/early 80s MIJs, don't you think too?

The back looks very similar to the Gibson R8 that I had.
wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVsearch wrote:

Holy moly! Solid top?
Very good of you to pick one of these up so the rest of us can have a look at it!

You bet, the cheapest solid flame top you can get in Japan new as far as I can tell. There are some beautiful guitars for sale these days from Bacchus.
Here is another one for sale, but from a different shop.

I liked mine the best of course but they have quite a variety of tops.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous.
Dave_Mc
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that looks awesome
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I did read it and see it. NICE. I'm even more excited now. As of today they are sending me a classic HB and I've got a Duke coming as well but that will take 3 months. They are building me a custom Jef Beck model Duke. I got some Dry Z pickups on the way and I'm not sure where those will go we will see. I'm starting my next record in 2 weeks so I was dyeing to get a Bacchus for that. It was a bit of a chore figuring out how to get it to me since the Classic is not a legal export but we finally did it. Bacchus has been great so far and I'm sure will continue to be. I've got some great players guesting on this cd. Steve Lukather, Keith Scott (Brian Adams) Howard Leese (Heart, Bad co) Keith Howland (chicago) Dez Dickerson (Prince and the revolution) Hughie McDonald (Bon Jovi) Should be a fun record. It's gonna rock and I'm sure my Greco's will be all over it unless of course the Bucchus smokes them. Lets see..
japanstrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad lineup.

It would be interesting to hear what Steve Lukather thinks of your Greco and your Bacchus.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. He has his own signature guitar though so I'm sure he's so into that it's part of him by now. I got my Dr Z's just now. They are heavy. Im scared cause the last heavy PU's I got I sent back. No high end. They were those texas barbecue things. Sounded like ass.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

japanstrat wrote:
Not a bad lineup.

It would be interesting to hear what Steve Lukather thinks of your Greco and your Bacchus.

Yeah, and of course it would be good to get the owner's view as well!

That Jeff Beck Duke sounds pretty exciting! What are the specs you've asked for?
wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone sent me this link as they still had my guitar listed here. I think it is the page for STR guitars which is a Deviser company of some kind.
It looks like they have all the produced Bacchus Classic guitars there with S/Ns so you can have a look at some different models.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/str-garage/c/0000000290/
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wulfman wrote:
Someone sent me this link as they still had my guitar listed here. I think it is the page for STR guitars which is a Deviser company of some kind.
It looks like they have all the produced Bacchus Classic guitars there with S/Ns so you can have a look at some different models.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/str-garage/c/0000000290/

They are GREAT value - I don't see how the Tokai LS-260 can compete with that.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jeff Beck Duke will just be the black with cream binding and pick guard but honestly I think I'll go with no pick guard. Specks I don't know other than that. I may go with no frets and have them send it to Sweden to do the true temperment fret job for perfect intonation. I will most likely have the Ever Tune bridge put on as well. I think I'll do the Ever tune on the classic when it gets here. So my Duke will be a seriously one of a kind model. I should ask them if they want to do a Mitch Malloy model as such. They probably wouldn't though. They aren't that kind of company. Peavey wanted to do that for me years ago. I said no. LOL That was before Ed did it though and they didn't really have it together yet. Anyway Bacchus is total class so far. I hope I love this classic. Luke has a Les paul worth hundreds of thousands so not sure he will be impressed with my guitars but maybe. I mean I'm as guitar snobby as the next guy so who knows. And from the crappy you tube videos I've seen of the dry z's I think I'm going to like them. Bacchus doesn't make pu's. I'm trying to talk them into it though but I doubt I'll succeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 2 of 23

Jump to: