Which maple-necked LP Custom copy?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArthurS

Reaction score
Does anyone know of good LP Custom replicas with a maple neck? I would prefer a used Japanese-made model, but if anyone knows of any good (Korean or other) copies I'd like to hear it as well.

I'm thinking of doing a Zakk Wylde-like guitar (without the paint job), but pretty much all affordable correct looking replicas have a mahogany neck. I've considered the Epiphone ZW, but that's too expensive for the quality it offers, imho (and I'd rather not hve the ZW paint job, though that wouldn't stop me from buying anything if it's good enough).

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

I guess I'll start looking for a late 70s-early 80s Greco Custom then. I would consider a newer Korean Tokai, too, but I really prefer a mahogany back over alder.

Hi Arthur,
Take a look at this, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=7313588043&rd=1 might fit the bill ??!!

Hi Bob!

You're right, that's very close to what I'm looking for. The only thing that stops me from bidding is the price; it's a bit more than I'm currently looking to spend.

Awesome guitar though, thanks for the link!

Latest posts

Back