New Tokai goldstar TST50 versus old tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

storm

Reaction score
HI
Now please don't flame me already this isn't a does a blue strat sound better than a red strat type question.

What I'm wondering is how do the new tst50's compare to the old goldstars?
I am not lucky enough to have played the new one that Rockem music are selling on ebay. I just like the fact the look like the old ones and don't have pointy headstock and are obv Tokai made.

Are they quality wise the same? has anyone got one? has anyone done a comparison review on here or anything like that??

Cheers
Ian

iainblack said:
Any links or articles or pictures to the new guitars?

Here's a "new" TST50...2010 model...Swamp Ash.

headstock1.jpg

imgp0185p.jpg

imgp0184w.jpg

imgp0183.jpg

That's a lovely looking guitar, Diamond. Is it yours, or have you played it? If so, what do you think?

Ian's original question is a good one. I tried putting up a link to the Rockem Ebay ad, but it didn't work. However, if you type "Tokai Sonic Blue" into the Ebay search engine, that'll take you to it. Sonic Blue seems to be the only finish they have for ST50s.

Del said:
That's a lovely looking guitar, Diamond. Is it yours, or have you played it? If so, what do you think?

Ian's original question is a good one. I tried putting up a link to the Rockem Ebay ad, but it didn't work. However, if you type "Tokai Sonic Blue" into the Ebay search engine, that'll take you to it. Sonic Blue seems to be the only finish they have for ST50s.

http://www.rockemmusic.com/product/tokai-tst50-electric-guitar-sonic-blue-tweed-case-sale

This is what I saw on ebay hope link works. That guitar looks fit as in sunburst. More importantly how does it compare?? It looks as good as old one from what I can see.

Cheers
Ian

Del said:

I had it and played it for a few months, a very very good guitar...sold it a few days ago...sold out, don't have any left.
I would never have sold it if I wasn't in the 'selling' business, it was a keeper.

I can't compare it to the old Goldstars, I haven't played one.

However, not everyone likes a 7,25" radius neck and vintage frets, all the TST and TTE models have vintage specs.

Diamond said:
Del said:

I had it and played it for a few months, a very very good guitar...sold it a few days ago...sold out, don't have any left.
I would never have sold it if I wasn't in the 'selling' business, it was a keeper.

I can't compare it to the old Goldstars, I haven't played one.

However, not everyone likes a 7,25" radius neck and vintage frets, all the TST and TTE models have vintage specs.
Must admit I'm a fat fret kinda guy but I can cope either way. Not surprised they sold out.

Thanks for the info so far

Latest posts

Back