1989 greco egc HELP!!!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tornado

Reaction score
Hi i need your help about this greco 1989 EGC white
For me is perfect for the money .I know that you are a expert about greco.
I write you from Madrid Spain and my name is Enrique .

Are these late grecos guitars ,the same the early grecos till 85 with the flower in headstock?
Is the same Cality early 80's and late 80's greco guitars ?

Thank u

what are waiting for? :wink: put a black pickguard and pickup selector and change the knobs too...on it and your good to go..89 looks good to me late Mint Collection model. :)

check the video in the other thread for what that guitar can do..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJQ-izqorIo

tornado said:

Are these late grecos guitars ,the same the early grecos till 85 with the flower in headstock?

Thank u

Hello again Enrique.
No these can be quite different for in the late 80s there were also Tokai and Cort (Korea) made Greco customs.

jacco said:
tornado said:

Thank u

Hello again Enrique.
No these can be quite different for in the late 80s there were also Tokai and Cort (Korea) made Greco customs.

Are you saying that the Tokai made Grecos are not as good as Greco made ones?
I have my eye on a EGC 75 made by Tokai - but don't know if I should find something else. I will not compromise on quality - I play Gibson Custom shop Les Pauls.

No, I'm saying there were 3 different factories making Greco customs during that period and you should know that (and how to differentiate the three) before considering buying one.

jacco said:
No, I'm saying there were 3 different factories making Greco customs during that period and you should know that (and how to differentiate the three) before considering buying one.

Ok thank you for the info.

And it is not possible to say which of those factories did the best job in general?
It's just because I have that Tokai made EGC 75 that i can try out - but if they generally are of less good quality than other factories Grecos, I'd rather not drive several hundred kilometers to test it out. But on the other hand - Tokai is a brand that is known for great quality...

The EGC 75 should be one of the better ones made during that period. Mine is a MIJ no serial, Tokai-made Greco EGC 75 with fret edge binding. Banged up, but a very good piece indeed!

I personally prefer this particular Greco to my Gibsons. The fingerboard is not ebony, but the overall construction, playability, and sound are outstanding. I really wish I could score another for the price I paid for this one.

I think you answered your own question.
Both Tokai and Fujigen made outstanding LPs and will both have similar building qualities and specs during that period, except for the longer tenon on Fujigen LPs.
I saw you asking for a comparison between EGC1000 & EGC75 in another thread. EGC1000s are earlier models (pre 1982) with IMO a climax in building quality & sound in 1980/81 Super Reals. There's a resonance and bandwith to them I haven't heard with other brands or later Fujigen models. And then there's the Dry Z pups of course. Pre 1980 Grecos have pancake bodies btw.

Latest posts

Back