Tokai believer

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southbound

Reaction score
Howdy Y'all,
I gotta say- I love my gibson historics...but I am truly nuts about tokai love rocks. The build quality and tone is remarkable- just as good in many respects to gibson. Every once in a blue moon- I even find a tokai with a oversized neck.....which is like a bit of heaven 8)
I currently have an LS80 goldtop and an LS150 cherryburst that I gig with(the mesa boogie mark 1 and lonestar really bring out the oomph in these babies).
I was wondering- since the tokai registry is the tokai resource- what would the chances be ned to negotiate some japanese tokai registry "special edition" loverocks from medium price range to LS320 range? The fender forum has special builds done for their membership from time to time- that would be kinda cool if it could be done here too.
Anyhoo- really pleased to be here and will have bloodshot eyes reading all the great info here.

Welcome aboard ! my 2005 LS90 has a fat neck. A shade bigger than a Gibson 50's profile , and a touch smaller than an R7. As far as forum guitars, that's pretty tough. The LPF has 12,000 members and has tried for years to get one from Gibson ,to no avail. However, Ishabishi has told me Tokai will do special runs but it must be at least 6 pieces all the same.

Hey Whitehall & Ned,
Thanks for the welcome! 6 pieces doesnt seem like a lot- especially for those of us who would more than likely be purchasing at least 2 :p
It would be a fitting tribute to ned and the good folks here to have their own "signature" model. Just something to consider- especially if everyone interested had input into how the guitar was constructed....betcha it'd be a peach!

:D Hey Southbound, Welcome! I'm a Florida boy too! Iwould love for Tokai to do a Rickenbacker 12 with the correct headstock and string placement, I have seen a Fernandes 360 /12 from Japan that was perfect. Maybe someday! 8) TG

Hi, welcome to the forum 8) . Nice idea about a signature Tokai, though Whitehall makes a good point re 12K members on LPF, and as Tokaigui inadvertently points out via. Ricky-12, each of us would probably want a slightly different model. Nice guitars by the way, LS80 & LS150, are they new ones or old models?

Ian.

Hey Tokaiguy( rc cola, moon pies and tokai's) :lol:
and Ian. My LS80 & 150 are both from 1981. The 150 weighs about 8 1/2 lbs, and the 80 is on up there around 9.2 pounds. Really sweet guitars both!
The sig series could be done by popular vote ( model style, appointments, etc.) that would be the fairest way- if it could be done at all. BTW- I seem to recall that sometime in the mid-late 70's tokai did a very limited special run of beatle guitars....georges gretsch and rik 12, john's 325, pauls hofner beatle bass and 4001. I think they even did a J160 acoustic. Dead on accurate replicas no doubt.
I'm partial to love rocks( of course)- but also dig the 58 V's and firebirds.
Maybe sometime a poll could be taken about the viability of a one time only sig series being done?

Getting six identical guitars for a special order doesnt sound that bad......then you realise that everyones ideal Les Paul will have something different.

Mine is:
a. Huge one piece quartersawn mahogany neck
b. Brazilian rosewood fingerboard
c. Rift sawn eastern maple top (dont really care if it is flamed)
d. Quartersawn one piece light weight mahogany body....no weight relief
e. Light faded sunburst
f. Nitro finish

Oh hell that'll cost a fortune...... basically a LS320 with a fat neck

Are there 5 guys who want to order fat necked LS120SEB's?

Best
Blues

Bluesbrush said:
Oh hell that'll cost a fortune...... basically a LS320 with a fat neck
You forgot g. Lightweight nickel-plated aluminium hardware and h. Seymour Duncan Antiquities pickups... :wink: And I tend to like the thin neck on my LS 120 now that I'm playing it 25 hours a day. :-?

yes, I'll take one with the fat neck but left handed..............now you see how hard it is to order six identical guitars.

Latest posts

Back