My 1st Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choucas09

Reaction score
Had it a week, have put a set of Bareknuckle Apaches in. It's a 1981 Springy Sound refin. It's a wonderful guitar (I have 15 others so I know good).

Short sound clip. Requiem.mp3[

DSC02492.jpg

DSC02493.jpg

Nice guitar :D

I think Iain might like this one in the tokai book. He's a big fan of the matching headstock colours!

Dave

I think we have run out of space! Volume 2? Is the matching headstock original or was this the refinish? The pink matching headstock was reported as a refinish too,

Lovely looking guitar all the same

Iain

iainblack said:
I think we have run out of space! Volume 2? Is the matching headstock original or was this the refinish? The pink matching headstock was reported as a refinish too,

Lovely looking guitar all the same

Iain

Oh well - it's good news that you've now got all the pic's you need. :D

Good to see some appreciation of refinished Tokai's at last :D
What color was it before?

The painted headstock is part of the refin. I'm not aware that Tokai did any themselves. The original colour was white.

I'm bowled over with this guitar. When it arrived (I got it off Ebay ?425) I thought "This plays like a Custom Shop". My nephew came round on friday to try it. He's got two nice Strats, one a masterbuilt, after 10 minutes he said, "This plays like a custom shop."

The Apache pickups are awesome. The guitar sounds much bigger with a rich vintage tone. Also have to say the neck is gorgeous.

This is my 1st proper Strat, though I've had this crazy beast below for a few years. It sounds wonderful, but the neck's a nightmare. In fact it was through looking for a replacement neck that lead me to finding the Springy.

DSC02126.jpg

How did they do the respray on the headstock without affecting the logo? Do they cover it or get a replacement logo?

BY the way, may middle name is 'matching headstock', see the thread below:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13097&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Period correct transfers were applied afterwards. I've been checking out your matching HS guitars, very nice indeed.

Back