where can i find this guitar?? (USGP90)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xstaygold

Reaction score
usg-p90.jpg

i cant find this guitar anywhere..

i emailed someone from Ishibashi Music and they said that they didnt have this model in japan

anyone know where i can find it?

Hi,
I recently bought a Greco version of one of these from one of our fellow forum members (thanks Lee !). It is exactly the same spec as the one you have pictured, except for being Cherry Red in colour. It is a truly excellent guitar, and I recommend Greco as being on an equal par with Tokai. So, this might give you another avenue to search in, there must be more of them about. I am personally looking for a Tokai TV Double Cut with 2 P90's and a wrapover, but they're like rocking horse doo-doo also. Good Luck.

Acoording to Guitar UK magazine ads,Tokai UK must have any in stock.Sometimes they order special models for themselves.I'm not a SG fan too much but this guitar seems amazing.I've recomended to chek to some people here in Spain.

bobtastik said:
Hi,
I recently bought a Greco version of one of these from one of our fellow forum members (thanks Lee !). It is exactly the same spec as the one you have pictured, except for being Cherry Red in colour. It is a truly excellent guitar, and I recommend Greco as being on an equal par with

do u have pics?

is Lee a dealer? or did he sell it from his collection?

Hi,
I have the original pics that Lee sent me. I can send them to you if you let me have your email address. I think Lee is an enthusiast/collector, with severe G.A.S like most of us here !!! (hope you dont mind me saying that, Lee !!)

bobtastik said:
Hi,
I have the original pics that Lee sent me. I can send them to you if you let me have your email address. I think Lee is an enthusiast/collector, with severe G.A.S like most of us here !!! (hope you dont mind me saying that, Lee !!)

id love to see pics..

[email protected]

Hi All,
The afore mentioned Greco SG is regrettably for sale if anyone is interested. I've really cocked up with my finances due to this G.A.S (I blame you lot, so does my missus) Pics here: http://nik5085.fotopic.net/c484796.html It really is a beauty, just looking to cover my costs on it, ?300.00 plus postage to anywhere, or pick up from Bham UK or meet half way.
Thanks

Hi guys....

I'm the owner of the TV yellow SG in the ebay link attached in one of your messages. I jumped on it as soon as I saw it and I don't regret it for a moment. I've never seen another Tokai like it - especially the TV finish.

Great feel, fit, finish and tone. It has a beefy neck and a razor thin body. The sustain of chords and single notes is incredible and amazingly, the intonation is perfect on the wrap around tailpiece.

The only thing I did to it was go to heavier strings (11's) and rub the neck down with some lemon oil and 0000 steel wool - it was unplayed and still a bit dry and dusty from it's newness.

If you should see one of these come available again, buy it!

True, but pricing is all relative. Considering the suggested UK retail in the advert of 599 Pounds Sterling (over $1000 in US dollars), I can sleep with what I paid for it.

It feels and plays every bit as nicely as it's Gibson cousins and is in my opinion a hands down winner over any of the Epi Elite guitars I've picked up - again at a cost that I can live with.

Having just attended the Dallas guitar show and seeing $30,000 ES 335's and Les Pauls, I look at pricing this way.....as long as the seller and the buyer walk away from the table happy with their respective deals, then it's a fair price. Was it pricey? Sure. Is it worth the price? Absolutely. Happy? You bet.

Right, at the moment there's none, maybe one of the UK ebay shops has it on their normal site (not as an auction).

Hmm, might have been Musicground, because they sometimes picture their guitars in front of a shop window (like that red Tokai SG Special I've seen), but they don't list one either:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/musicgrounds-online-shop_Tokai_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

They have a white Tokai SG with humbuckers though, probably from Korea.

How about this one? ;)

8f_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOKAI-PAISLEY-SG-GUITAR-EX-DEMO_W0QQitemZ3778362114QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hans, Thanks for the info. but i'm in the market for a P-90 Special style SG. I own 5 SG's already and i'm looking for this style to make a copy of Tony Iommi's 64 Gibson SG Special. I do not have the heart to chop up an original 64 so this Tokai would fit the bill nicely. This guitar is the one i want to copy !

MVC-452F.jpg

MVC-453F.jpg

Back