Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burny 1989-90. Excellent Guitar. Relic
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
japanstrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I remember, Fujigen went to that bevelled control cavity routing sometime around 1984 or so on the Grecos.
Before Fujigen changed the control cavity routing there was no bevelling, just waves, but it was different to what we see with the early 90s Burnys.

The bevelled control cavity routing is also on the Fujigen Orvilles from 1993 onwards.

I personally can't see Fujigen changing the way they do the control cavity routing just for the Burnys, so if these early 1990s Burnys are from Fujigen then I would expect the same control cavity routing that is on the late 1992 Fujigen OBG's and 1993 Fujigen Orvilles and the late 80s Grecos and that is not what I've seen so far.

A 1993 Fujigen Orville with bevelled wave routing

and the Burny

Another Fujigen Orville

Another Burny

A 1985 Fujigen Greco with bevelled control routing

rayq78
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Pickup Cover Adhesive Reply with quote

hey guys...thank you for viewing my post. really appreciated. but i have a question... i notice that there is like an adhesive used to attached the nickel pickup covers to itself (show in one of the pictures). does it affect the tone, clarity, output of the pickups? im using a Cube20x Amp, and as I use the acoustic simulator. it doesnt sound like the way an acoustic should sound. i compared it to my friend's crappy yamaha strat style guitar. and it sounded waaayyy a lot brighter and the acoustic tone is very bright compare to my LP. is this normal? or im just used of strats. please enlighten fellow forumite... =)

cheers!!!

raymond
japanstrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a big deal.

The pickups polepieces (the 6 small round silver things on each coil) are magnets that pick up the string vibrations and the adhesive or whatever it is would not interfere much or at all with the polepiece magnets doing their job as we are really talking about a magnetic field.

The metal pickup covers will have more effect on the polepieces magnetic field and that's why some prefer to remove the pickup covers and some prefer them on.
rayq78

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

japanstrat wrote:
I don't think it's a big deal.

The pickups polepieces (the 6 small round silver things on each coil) are magnets that pick up the string vibrations and the adhesive or whatever it is would not interfere much or at all with the polepiece magnets doing their job as we are really talking about a magnetic field.

The metal pickup covers will have more effect on the polepieces magnetic field and that's why some prefer to remove the pickup covers and some prefer them on.

yup it has no difference removing the adhesive. thanks..
rayq78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Are these 50 Wiring? Reply with quote

burny123 wrote:
Typical mid 90?super grade RLG 50/60
One piece neck
Not long tennon, but not short like a Gibson, like an early Tokai!
Pikups VH1- but the new type, more like the old VH4 from 82-87
Poly finish
made in Japan
2 or 3 piece body, tea-burst top!

nils

are these wirings for my burny the 50's style? i think it is still all original. the volume goes totally zero even the toggle switch is in the middle(both pickups working). im really curios about that bumblebee capacitors.
http://www.singlecoil.com/docs/paula.pdf
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine has a '78 BURNY FLG-60 wich have pickups(GOTO) and electronics on a board like Reborns,but neck seems to be from a bit different than my '79 Reborn.

Recent MIJ Burnys 3 screw TRCs(2000?s) would be Tokai made(all mid level models).

I owned a late 80?s-early 90?s Burny LP Custom in sunburst no doubt different made than two LP Customs Black Beauty I had. All of these Burnys had a tad bigger headstock,so this could be a way to differentiate Tokai guitars and Fuji-Gen and others guitars made....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: