New Momose SG...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. Scoop is is its own thing and Van Zandt Strats are made by Taurus
I should have posted them in the other category. I got side tracked from the original guitar that I posted..Won't happen again :lol:

Van Zandt pups are nice..so are Lollars.

Super Locrian said:
No. Scoop is is its own thing and Van Zandt Strats are made by Taurus
I should have posted them in the other category. I got side tracked from the original guitar that I posted..Won't happen again :lol:

Van Zandt pups are nice..so are Lollars.

Right.... Scoop guitars are their own brand. Dig this and have a look:

http://www.scoop-creation.com/scoopindex.htm

Sorry I derailed the thread. Here's the Van Zandt website:

http://www.taurus-jp.com/vanzandt/guitar.html

youami said:
Woah! You're obviously into your high-end Japanese guitars. I don't think there's been anyone on this board with either a Scoop or Van Zandt.

no...I have two VZ strats...had 3, sold one... and one of their telecasters...all amazing guitars. I was under the impression PGM made the Van Zandts...which I think is under the taurus umbrella.
I`d rate mine on par with the top end Seymour Duncans and the Momose custom made Hamiltone clone I got used which is also outstanding, evidently ordered by somebody who was doing the bar circuit playing SRV, and he pulled out all the stops when he had it made `cause it has the best of everything and I felt fortunate getting it for 1/4 of it`s original price according to the shop staff who sold it to me...still wasn`t cheap but the guy who had it made must have taken a real beating when the Rock Inn store got it from him `cause I paid about $1000.oo at the time and ya gotta figure they doubled their money at least. Difference between mine and the real Hamiltone is...mines a bolt on neck and because I will one day bring it back to Canada with me, thats a plus.

Yes. PGM is the company. (i keep forgetting) Van Zandt, Moon, and Scoop are my favorite guitars. I have a Seymour Duncan DS-200 in LPB in Mint condition that I never play. I have a DS-100 as a player and that guitar is a work of art along with the rest of the Seymour Duncan guitar line. I recently got a 3TS Moon Reggae Master...wonderful neck, Uber thin Nitro, Vibrating Acoustics. It never ceases to amaze me how some of these electric guitars just sing loudly unplugged. Thats when you know the craftsmanship is there!! :D

Super Locrian said:
Yes. PGM is the company. (i keep forgetting) Van Zandt, Moon, and Scoop are my favorite guitars. I have a Seymour Duncan DS-200 in LPB in Mint condition that I never play. I have a DS-100 as a player and that guitar is a work of art along with the rest of the Seymour Duncan guitar line. I recently got a 3TS Moon Reggae Master...wonderful neck, Uber thin Nitro, Vibrating Acoustics. It never ceases to amaze me how some of these electric guitars just sing loudly unplugged. Thats when you know the craftsmanship is there!! :D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

LPB DS-200 and a Reggae Master eh? Dream guitars for me!

yea.. the DS-200 is just gorgeous! Unfortunately, since those SD are so rare, I just keep it hidden for the light of day.
The Reggae Master has to be one of the coolest Tele styles I have yet come across. I love the modern bridge. Some may argue against it but its a comfort thing; my palm can never rest properly on the vintage bridge. Plus the back body has a contour which makes for less rib gouging. I love the Tele design. I just couldn't get used to the classic features that made the guitar uncomfortable for me. Mahogany Body, P-90s, plus the 300R neck radius from PGM makes it the best features of them all! :D ... for me at least.

Super Locrian said:
yea.. the DS-200 is just gorgeous! Unfortunately, since those SD are so rare, I just keep it hidden for the light of day.
The Reggae Master has to be one of the coolest Tele styles I have yet come across. I love the modern bridge. Some may argue against it but its a comfort thing; my palm can never rest properly on the vintage bridge. Plus the back body has a contour which makes for less rib gouging. I love the Tele design. I just couldn't get used to the classic features that made the guitar uncomfortable for me. Mahogany Body, P-90s, plus the 300R neck radius from PGM makes it the best features of them all! :D ... for me at least.

Man...I rock my DS250 pro all the time....you gotta play that 200...seems like a waste not to.

Super Locrian said:

I'm the same really - vintage radius sucks, original tele bridge is rubbish and it often can't be intonated properly. Give me a newer type bridge any day.

Van Zandts are very good,with great neck feel ,very good all laquer finish(which is very fragile) and good pickpus.Sustain is very very good.
Modern have 22 ftres and older 21 fret,altough there are some special orders and limites ones.
I would rated them a bit below Navigators but very near.
I highly recomend Van Zandts if tou are under a strato-tele replica.

Yes, Navigators are top notch! I have one in Sonic Blue. I like the necks on the Van Zandt's better. The Navigators are more like a U Shape which can feel kinda chunky...but that maybe someone's dream neck.. and yes..the laquer finish is super fragile..

Van Zandt offer a few choices for neck shapes so they are not all the same. personally, my VZs are every bit as well made as my Navigators and my top end Seymour Duncans.

sneakyjapan said:
Van Zandt offer a few choices for neck shapes so they are not all the same. personally, my VZs are every bit as well made as my Navigators and my top end Seymour Duncans.

I was meaning same level in terms of over all quality. All those brands seen to be built to nearly the exact same specs and levels of quality control. Pretty amazing.

as you are talking about Van Zandt guitars.
here is my Van Zandt STV1 from 1997 , played yesterday afternoon by one friend of mine in a cheap Peavey Bandit 112 amp.
no pedals no effects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7h9t0xX7B0

Latest posts

Back