Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My new Tokai :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveWW wrote:
I've got one locking faber bridge and one none locking faber bridges. They're both excellent bridges but I don't think there's any noticeable difference in tone.

Dave

No difference in tone but I find the sustain to be improved.
Big Willie Style
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I've ordered a couple of lock kits - one for my LS-150 and one for my ES-120. I'll see how that goes, switch them around to my other guitars to see the effect, and then order more if necessary. My LS-150 has lots of sustain already but my Edwards JP and my SG-155 could use a boost. I'll see if this does the trick.

Sorry for the hijack!

Jason

Last edited by Big Willie Style on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that flame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSPVaMXrK7Y

Tokai Loverock | Fender Newporter

http://www.youtube.com/user/rockadio1992
DaveWW
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
DaveWW wrote:
I've got one locking faber bridge and one none locking faber bridges. They're both excellent bridges but I don't think there's any noticeable difference in tone.

Dave

No difference in tone but I find the sustain to be improved.

You would expect to see an increase in sustain but I didn't find any... The sustain and tone was improved over the original bridges but I didn't notice any difference between the locking and standard faber types. My locking bridge is the older type and the none locking is a newer one which I think is an improved design. I do like the design of the locking bridge though and the fact it can't fall off or change it's setting when you're changing strings.

Dave
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveWW wrote:
They're both excellent bridges but I don't think there's any noticeable difference in tone.

Ditto. It's a technically superior design and worth considering on that merit alone, but if you're after a tone revolution I don't think that'll happen.
warxy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, Im back with some updates:
The parts arrived Tuesday so i bought it in to the tech straight away and got it installed (locking bridge + tail piece with the locking studs). I really cant comment on how the bridge might had improved/changed the sound as Ive also put in a set of new pickups as well. Overall, the tone of the guitar brighten up a lot where as before it had a lot of bottom end, in fact too much to the point it gets muddy as soon as i start to kick in overdrives and distortions. I cannot say i am satisfied yet as i havnt sat down with the beauty and give it some proper play time. I did had a couple minutes playing at the tech's place before i left and i have to say the guitar now sounds amazing on some clean settings. Plugged into a marshall head(think it was one of those original plexi heads from the look of it) with a lot of drive/gain, rolled down the volume and i got this nice lovely lightly overdriven tones too.

Ill post some pictures up later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: