My new Tokai :)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveWW said:
I've got one locking faber bridge and one none locking faber bridges. They're both excellent bridges but I don't think there's any noticeable difference in tone.

Dave

No difference in tone but I find the sustain to be improved.

Thanks guys. I've ordered a couple of lock kits - one for my LS-150 and one for my ES-120. I'll see how that goes, switch them around to my other guitars to see the effect, and then order more if necessary. My LS-150 has lots of sustain already but my Edwards JP and my SG-155 could use a boost. I'll see if this does the trick.

Sorry for the hijack! :oops:

Jason

marcusnieman said:
DaveWW said:
I've got one locking faber bridge and one none locking faber bridges. They're both excellent bridges but I don't think there's any noticeable difference in tone.

Dave

No difference in tone but I find the sustain to be improved.

You would expect to see an increase in sustain but I didn't find any... The sustain and tone was improved over the original bridges but I didn't notice any difference between the locking and standard faber types. My locking bridge is the older type and the none locking is a newer one which I think is an improved design. I do like the design of the locking bridge though and the fact it can't fall off or change it's setting when you're changing strings.

Dave

DaveWW said:
They're both excellent bridges but I don't think there's any noticeable difference in tone.

Ditto. It's a technically superior design and worth considering on that merit alone, but if you're after a tone revolution I don't think that'll happen.

Hey guys, Im back with some updates:
The parts arrived Tuesday so i bought it in to the tech straight away and got it installed (locking bridge + tail piece with the locking studs). I really cant comment on how the bridge might had improved/changed the sound as Ive also put in a set of new pickups as well. Overall, the tone of the guitar brighten up a lot where as before it had a lot of bottom end, in fact too much to the point it gets muddy as soon as i start to kick in overdrives and distortions. I cannot say i am satisfied yet as i havnt sat down with the beauty and give it some proper play time. :wink: I did had a couple minutes playing at the tech's place before i left and i have to say the guitar now sounds amazing on some clean settings. Plugged into a marshall head(think it was one of those original plexi heads from the look of it) with a lot of drive/gain, rolled down the volume and i got this nice lovely lightly overdriven tones too.

Ill post some pictures up later. :p

Back