Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Momose SG...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Locrian
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And last but not least...Scoop's evil twin brother...Fiesta Red Van Zandt STV-R2

Vanzandt by kaldi102, on Flickr

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/55963290@N08/5378363267/][/url]
youami
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah! You're obviously into your high-end Japanese guitars. I don't think there's been anyone on this board with either a Scoop or Van Zandt, now there's someone with both! Welcome aboard.

The Scoop colour is probably my favourite, but I love the Van Zandt too.
Super Locrian
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the welcome.
Yes, I love the Scoop color more too.. The Van Zandt color is an oldies but goodies...can't hate it
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool on the Van Zandt...... which also happens to be my favorite after market Strat pickups
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice guitars! Never seen a Scoop before.

Both brands made by Deviser? They look like they are.

I'm thinking about trying some Van Zandt pickups in my Strat actually, have you got any review Marcus?
Super Locrian
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Scoop is is its own thing and Van Zandt Strats are made by Taurus
I should have posted them in the other category. I got side tracked from the original guitar that I posted..Won't happen again

Van Zandt pups are nice..so are Lollars.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Locrian wrote:
No. Scoop is is its own thing and Van Zandt Strats are made by Taurus
I should have posted them in the other category. I got side tracked from the original guitar that I posted..Won't happen again

Van Zandt pups are nice..so are Lollars.

Right.... Scoop guitars are their own brand. Dig this and have a look:

http://www.scoop-creation.com/scoopindex.htm
youami
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I derailed the thread. Here's the Van Zandt website:

http://www.taurus-jp.com/vanzandt/guitar.html
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youami wrote:
Woah! You're obviously into your high-end Japanese guitars. I don't think there's been anyone on this board with either a Scoop or Van Zandt.

no...I have two VZ strats...had 3, sold one... and one of their telecasters...all amazing guitars. I was under the impression PGM made the Van Zandts...which I think is under the taurus umbrella.
I`d rate mine on par with the top end Seymour Duncans and the Momose custom made Hamiltone clone I got used which is also outstanding, evidently ordered by somebody who was doing the bar circuit playing SRV, and he pulled out all the stops when he had it made `cause it has the best of everything and I felt fortunate getting it for 1/4 of it`s original price according to the shop staff who sold it to me...still wasn`t cheap but the guy who had it made must have taken a real beating when the Rock Inn store got it from him `cause I paid about $1000.oo at the time and ya gotta figure they doubled their money at least. Difference between mine and the real Hamiltone is...mines a bolt on neck and because I will one day bring it back to Canada with me, thats a plus.
Super Locrian
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. PGM is the company. (i keep forgetting) Van Zandt, Moon, and Scoop are my favorite guitars. I have a Seymour Duncan DS-200 in LPB in Mint condition that I never play. I have a DS-100 as a player and that guitar is a work of art along with the rest of the Seymour Duncan guitar line. I recently got a 3TS Moon Reggae Master...wonderful neck, Uber thin Nitro, Vibrating Acoustics. It never ceases to amaze me how some of these electric guitars just sing loudly unplugged. Thats when you know the craftsmanship is there!!
youami
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Locrian wrote:
Yes. PGM is the company. (i keep forgetting) Van Zandt, Moon, and Scoop are my favorite guitars. I have a Seymour Duncan DS-200 in LPB in Mint condition that I never play. I have a DS-100 as a player and that guitar is a work of art along with the rest of the Seymour Duncan guitar line. I recently got a 3TS Moon Reggae Master...wonderful neck, Uber thin Nitro, Vibrating Acoustics. It never ceases to amaze me how some of these electric guitars just sing loudly unplugged. Thats when you know the craftsmanship is there!!

LPB DS-200 and a Reggae Master eh? Dream guitars for me!
Super Locrian
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea.. the DS-200 is just gorgeous! Unfortunately, since those SD are so rare, I just keep it hidden for the light of day.
The Reggae Master has to be one of the coolest Tele styles I have yet come across. I love the modern bridge. Some may argue against it but its a comfort thing; my palm can never rest properly on the vintage bridge. Plus the back body has a contour which makes for less rib gouging. I love the Tele design. I just couldn't get used to the classic features that made the guitar uncomfortable for me. Mahogany Body, P-90s, plus the 300R neck radius from PGM makes it the best features of them all! ... for me at least.
soundcreation
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Locrian wrote:
yea.. the DS-200 is just gorgeous! Unfortunately, since those SD are so rare, I just keep it hidden for the light of day.
The Reggae Master has to be one of the coolest Tele styles I have yet come across. I love the modern bridge. Some may argue against it but its a comfort thing; my palm can never rest properly on the vintage bridge. Plus the back body has a contour which makes for less rib gouging. I love the Tele design. I just couldn't get used to the classic features that made the guitar uncomfortable for me. Mahogany Body, P-90s, plus the 300R neck radius from PGM makes it the best features of them all! ... for me at least.

Man...I rock my DS250 pro all the time....you gotta play that 200...seems like a waste not to.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Locrian wrote:

I'm the same really - vintage radius sucks, original tele bridge is rubbish and it often can't be intonated properly. Give me a newer type bridge any day.
Super Locrian
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.. a vintage radius neck sucks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: