Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NGD: Fujigen Orville LP Std plaintop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Washington Irving
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: NGD: Fujigen Orville LP Std plaintop Reply with quote

Hi
thanks to what I learnt here I was finally able to buy a fairly decent Les Paul. Thank you I imported it from Japan. I don't know what was worse - the 2 month wait, or the import taxes I paid . But it was worth it.
Pickups are stock, it has a long tenon, no FEB.

JakexXx
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi!

very nice orville!!! can you tell me how much did you paid for the guitar and the package ?

bartek
Washington Irving
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
+/- 2200 PLN (435 GBP at that time, i believe) without the import taxes.
JakexXx
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really good price, now on allegro there are two orville Lp's but their price is over 3000zł

but thery are not as beautifull as your lp !!! : )
Washington Irving
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all in all I ended up paying 2800 for it, so.. Well yeah, it's still a good price compared to 3300 you have to pay when you buy from H-R Guitars

But - the sellers on allegro never differentiate between low end K-series orvilles and better ones like mine. Mine was made in Fujigen (not in Terada, which is said to be not as good), has a long, one piece neck tenon, while the ones on allegro.. you never know.
Princess-Isabela
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington Irving wrote:
Mine was made in Fujigen (not in Terada, which is said to be not as good), has a long, one piece neck tenon, while the ones on allegro.. you never know.

That is false.
Fujigen/Terada are of the same high quality.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess-Isabela wrote:
Washington Irving wrote:
Mine was made in Fujigen (not in Terada, which is said to be not as good), has a long, one piece neck tenon, while the ones on allegro.. you never know.

That is false.

In your opinion?

How would you explain the two piece necks on some Terada models? There was a thread about it just recently, and the theory has been put that it is only the Terada built guitars that have this (admittedly there was only a small sample of guitars examined).

Using multiple pieces of wood in a Les Paul neck or body is usually done to cut costs, it doesn't really help people to think "high quality". However, I would guess that the build quality is probably just as good as Fujigen.

Also, nobody really knows whether more pieces of wood in a neck or body affect the tone much, or maybe not at all.
Princess-Isabela
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people prefer Fujigen models, some Teradas.
It cannot be easily said which one is better because it depends largely on particular model of the guitar, they're both of high quality.
soundcreation
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVsearch wrote:
Princess-Isabela wrote:
Washington Irving wrote:

That is false.

In your opinion?

How would you explain the two piece necks on some Terada models? There was a thread about it just recently, and the theory has been put that it is only the Terada built guitars that have this (admittedly there was only a small sample of guitars examined).

Using multiple pieces of wood in a Les Paul neck or body is usually done to cut costs, it doesn't really help people to think "high quality". However, I would guess that the build quality is probably just as good as Fujigen.

Also, nobody really knows whether more pieces of wood in a neck or body affect the tone much, or maybe not at all.

Well...mines a terrada with a 3 piece body and neck heel cap and it sounds fantastic. Super resonant with round tone.

I do believe you probably better your chances of getting a great guitar by keeping the pieces to a minimum but there are exceptions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: