Baby Got Back!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GroteFoto-XVX3V8QP.jpg

Picture does the lady no justice. Notice the rosewood base under the bridge? So colors aren't brilliant in this pic. Oi says his camera doesn't do well in artificial/electric lights.
I think we can forgive him.

Wow is right. I made a booboo though. There's no RW base under the bridge... It's aluminum.
But colors are definitely off. The red is much more brilliant.

Oigun posted another little update on the mosriteforum;
oigun said:
[...]
A little progress.. The frets are level and crowned, the electrics work and the machine-heads are in place.
GroteFoto-LENKSVOV.jpg

(The knobs are loosely on the pots so they seem a bit high, but they are not easy to remove so I have to wait till the last moment)

Oigun got the hollowbody GUN guitar done. Paint is still relatively soft so no tension on the strings or the bridge might sink in.
Here he is posting on TDPRI
Here are some more pics, cannot bring the strings to tension yet because the lacquer is still a bit soft..and the bridge will sink in.
GroteFoto-P8VRWHWB.jpg

GroteFoto-VC78FBVD.jpg

GroteFoto-V4KYNE33.jpg

GroteFoto-NDHDEHUI.jpg

GroteFoto-KQSZO6DB.jpg

When setup is complete I will try to put some soundclips on.

I'm told it'll be close to a month before laquer is hard enough to put tension on the strings. The bridge might leave an imprint in the finish if it's not allowed to harden up completely. So... yeah. Dunno what she sounds like yet. Knowing what Oiguns guitars usually feel like I'm guessing it'll sustain for decades.
Patience.
:roll:

Latest posts

Back