Breezysound Rosewood Telecasters

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igman

Reaction score
does anyone have info (specs, pics etc.) on the breezysound rosewood telecaster? did they only make the a "real" rosewood (like the '69-'72 original fender that george harrison used) or also a look-a-like with a rosewood sort of paint on the body?

as far as i have seen. all these just look like rosewood and are actually just a dark shaded finish on non-rosewood wood. only the fingerboards on these guitars are actual rosewood. which to me for some reason is actually cooler than if they were real rosewood. the great pretender of sorts, "show business", etc.
johnny atomic

Hi Igman,

the rosewood Tele had 2 versions:
TE200 : solid rosewood body and 1 pce rosewood neck (no fingerboard)

TE60 : stained Alder body and black painted neck with rosewood board.

One is much rarer than the other......neither were made after 1985 that I am aware of.

Peter Mac

thanks for the info!
is it possible that the te200 came with the vintage style 3-saddle bridge and the te60 with the 6-saddle bridge?

If anyone is interested, I have a friend in Birmingham UK, selling a mint condition 1996 Fender Japan Rosewood Telecaster. It is the solid rosewood body and neck model (not veneer). I have seen & played it and it is just fantastic. Enquiries to seller (Bob Barry) 0121 772 4873.

Igman

You can still get rosewood tokai breezy sounds from tokai in the UK

www.tokai-guitars.co.uk

Body - Rosewood top, back and side
Neck - Rosewood
Fingerboard - rosewood

RRP ?646

I just picked up an ATE55 - Simply Stuning to look at and play.

Happy shopping

Hi Bobtastik,

the rosewood Teles all listed in the UK are the TE-60 model.

Trust me on this.

If Tokai still made the solid rosewood guitar, it would be the TE-320 RR.

Peter Mac

Back