Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Les Paul Reborn
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitar-steve
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pickups of your Tokai Reborn are from Harry Haeussel, a small German guitar manufacture.
Look here:

http://www.haeussel.com
james
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good spot Steve. Looks like it probably spent some of its life over there then.

When I was looking at it in Andy's they said it was brought in by the guy they were dealing with to get the new Tokais.
Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NPH
some great info there about the LPR.
My guess is it's an LS-100.
The pots put it in the high-end bracket but the laminate cap says entry-high-end.
This guitar was definately made in Hamamatsu, Japan.
It is a shame about the lack of serial# but father time......
The guitar would be around 1979 vintage as the Les Paul reborns seem to have the 'retrospec' cover only during 1979. Previuos years were blank and later years had the 'diamond' cover.
regards
Peter

NPH
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo again. Got to use the LPR for the first time in anger last night at a rehearsal/jam at the Ruskin Arms. The Haeussell Pickups are a little microphonic at stage volumes with the more high gain pre sets, but nothing that a quick stamp on the noise gate can't cure. I could of course turn the volume down but our drummer is a little on the deafening side (are they ever anything else) and playing loud for the first time in months was far to much fun.
I looked at the Haeussell web page and translated it via Google but could see nothing to state if the PU's are wax potted. Probably not as they are supposed to be vintage style PAF's. So I either live with it or investigate getting them dunked in wax by a pro as I realy don't want to change them (the middle position sounded great on Comfortably Numb)
Cheers
Nick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: