Squier Classic Vibe

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockscott

Reaction score
I been looking for a nice stratocaster around 500EUR (or 500?), haven?t found some i really wanted.

I got an advice to buy a new Squire Classic Vibe, to my ears new Squire?s doesn?t ring a bell that good guitars.

Someone tried these guitars? What?s your opinion about these?

I like maple neck?s and therefore the 50?s strat is the one i most interested in, but from reading around the net i have a feeling that the 60?s is the one people think best.

Koubayashi said:
This is a forum for Japanese guitars :wink:

That's a pretty ignorant comment. :evil:

There are plenty of posts about non MIJ guitars on this forum in case you haven't noticed - including Fenders Classic Vibe Squires as shown below.

Besides, that no way to talk to a relatively new and friendly member. :

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=17629&highlight=classic+vibe+squire

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11778&highlight=classic+vibe

For the money, the Classic Vibe series are great guitars. I believe they are loaded with Tonerider pickups. I have the 50's model and right out of the box, it sounds great. The only thing I'd change on it is the thin trem block. I've not played the 60's model..... the Telecasters sound amazingly good.... especially the Custom.

They've gotten good reviews and are far better than any of the other Squires out there like the Affinity line.

This is a forum for Japanese guitars

Yes, and it?s an used MIJ Stratocaster i was looking for when i received this advice abut the Classic Vibe. Since i know there are good knowledge for MIJ strats on this forum and some may also tested the Classic Vibe and therefore could give an comment about what i could expect buying an CV instead of an used MIJ.

Those who think the thread is inappropriate could ingnore and avoid answering.

marcusnieman: thanks for answer, i think i go for the 50?s stratocaster but i think the Telecaster custom looks great and want that to...even if no strat, mabye next guitar.

Squier Classic Vibes are great guitars across the board - very good for what they cost. Have not heard about 1 type being better than another - I have had a few and they were all very impressive - the tele custom in particular played and sounded great.

Nothing could be finer

Then a Squier made in China

553697.jpg

jockscott said:
This is a forum for Japanese guitars

Yes, and it?s an used MIJ Stratocaster i was looking for when i received this advice abut the Classic Vibe. Since i know there are good knowledge for MIJ strats on this forum and some may also tested the Classic Vibe and therefore could give an comment about what i could expect buying an CV instead of an used MIJ.

Those who think the thread is inappropriate could ingnore and avoid answering.

marcusnieman: thanks for answer, i think i go for the 50?s stratocaster but i think the Telecaster custom looks great and want that to...even if no strat, mabye next guitar.

I was just joking....You know, the :wink:

Is it someone of these models you think have an more bluesy tone or someone more for rock?

jockscott said:
Is it someone of these models you think have an more bluesy tone or someone more for rock?

For the most part, a strat is going to sound like a strat - like a tele will sound like a tele, les paul like a les paul..... you get my drift.. If you want to fine tune it for certain tunes that are more blues (clean) or rock (overdrive), then you should fine tune your tone with your amp settings, pedals and certainly picking attack and phrasing technique.

I tried both the '50s and '60s Classic Vibe Stratocasters... both do sound a bit thin but you'd properly get the same thing with the original ones. The '50s is just a hint brighter, I suppose due to different pickups and the maple neck. The sunburst doesn't quite look like the ones you'd get at Fender's Custom Shop (the bursts are a bit too abrupt) but still they are properly the nicest Strats you can get in that price range! I heard some less raving reviews on the Classic Vibe Tele's though...

The sunburst doesn't quite look like the ones you'd get at Fender's Custom Shop (the bursts are a bit too abrupt) but still they are properly the nicest Strats you can get in that price range! I heard some less raving reviews on the Classic Vibe Tele's though...

I do understand these ain?t best guitars available, but i ain?t seeking a Suhr, Tyler, Fender customshop, PRS or so just a nice strat and i doesn?t wanna spend more than approx 500EUR. Been looking for an MIJ since i have an MIJ LP already but haven?t found any i really want yet. I have read some good comments about these CV?s so i think they are very interesting at about 350EUR .

I was looking for an Stratocaster but i think the CV?s Tele especially Tele custom looks great and from reviews on the net they may be the best om them all (CV?s) And they cost the same at the local dealer, on the net i see many places that take more for the Tele custom. But i think i go for the Strat and tale the Telecustom next.

Don't me wrong. They are a great bang for the buck. Me and two friends who play guitar as well thought they were close to American Fenders...

Emiel said:
Don't me wrong. They are a great bang for the buck. Me and two friends who play guitar as well thought they were close to American Fenders...

I paid $250 for mine and I like it far better than the current crop of American Standards. It's light, spanky and cheap.

Already another thread running on these with some nice sound slips. I LOVE mine. http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=17629

Got a Classic Vibe Custom Tele... love it. Looks gorgeous, plays and sounds fantastic (even with stock pickups). For the price it's a serious bargain. I dare say the fit and finish is more impressive than on the 50's MIM classic series strat I used to own.

Quite tempted by the 60's strat actually...

Fender has 3 new ones coming out

http://www.squierguitars.com/news/index.php?display_article=157&EDID=UUX2WFS-MKZC-C5F08L-WTUN9-75E1-v1

0303027550_xl.jpg

0303080502_xl.jpg

0303000540_xl.jpg

Latest posts

Back