Please help me choose my next guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I found another one here:
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=10090&sid=ada6f90a25e18098c7a6194b3d833d7e

... My supposition at this point is that it's simply the stock pickup - maybe even the neck pickup is just the stock Gotoh with the metal base removed... Well, we'll see how they sound! :wink: :lol:

Thank you for your help!

johnnyl said:
Ok, since both the Greco and the Edwards are from Ishibashi's U-Box I had to go for the Tokai... Fact is I didn't browse Ishibashi's site for months now and somehow I managed not to notice the new (to me) minimum amount of 50000 yen per order! :roll:
It's ok though, as I said I was totally undecided...
So I just hit that "buy it now" button and bought this one:
http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120665453909&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:IT:1123

... I know it's not for everyone but the exhibitionist rockstar that's in me loves it! :lol: (Not to mention the price...)

By the way: is that bridge pickup a MK2 in your opinion? Any clue about the neck one?

... And someone grab that Greco, it's 28000 yen goddammit! :wink:
Congratulations on your new axe! I have to admit this one caught my eye too.

Thank you!

(It just arrived @ the Italian customs BTW, let the fight begin... :roll: :lol:)

Here's a photo of my buddy's Les Paul Studio....the nicest LP Studio I've seen.
Johnnyl, I think the Tokai looks very cool indeed, very unusual.
The difference I see is that the Gibson has a black painted body/neck and the Tokai a natural finish.
The Gibson also has an ebony fretboard with no dots or inlays.

lespaul2.jpg

Diamond said:
Here's a photo of my buddy's Les Paul Studio....the nicest LP Studio I've seen.
Johnnyl, I think the Tokai looks very cool indeed, very unusual.
The difference I see is that the Gibson has a black painted body/neck and the Tokai a natural finish.
The Gibson also has an ebony fretboard with no dots or inlays.

lespaul2.jpg
Thank you!
I remember those, they look very cool indeed... Only thing is, if I remember correctly, their finish isn't really "sparkle" but more "metallic", similar to pewter, platinum, candy apple red, etc... I could be wrong though! :lol:

Hey, you're right! :eek:
I didn't spot that at all... I wonder what's up with that?!? :-?

Yep, I know - it's one of the reasons I preferred this guitar over others - but still...
Is this common, i.e. have you seen something like this on other Tokais?

johnnyl said:
Yep, I know - it's one of the reasons I preferred this guitar over others - but still...
Is this common, i.e. have you seen something like this on other Tokais?

I've never looked and really, it wouldn't bother me.

Latest posts

Back