My last two Pauls

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toybitz

Reaction score
myburnyLPcustoms.jpg

for keeps..

am not so sure if the left one is an RLC60 and the other, an RLC70rr.

PUs are not the stock VH1s. They're vh3s from my previous burny LPs.

Wow, those two look stunning!!

IMO nothing looks better than a white LP Custom where the finish has aged to a nice cream colour :)

stratman323 said:
Were they originally the same colour?

Mike

No sir.

I believe (I could be wrong), all Rhoads model come in cream, contrary to beliefs that it use to be paler and jut got aged to a yellowish cream color.

The paler custom has some light yellow stain on some parts but not really dark to resemble the Rhoads which is yellowish all over.

DanGower said:
Wow, those two look stunning!!

IMO nothing looks better than a white LP Custom where the finish has aged to a nice cream colour :)

Thanks!

If I'm correct with the models, RLC60 and RR70, then both guitars are almost of the same age. Which means, the Rhoads was really creamy to begin with.

toybitz said:

I am not an expert by any means but those two look like they were made at different factories...
I'm not talking about the color. The volume knob location on the left one looks like a Burny. The volume knob location on the right one looks like Tokai (or a Gibson)... Both in comparison with the tailpeice...
The bridge location and angle also looks different between the two...(spacing between the tailpeice and bridge)
Same with the pick up selector switch. Set differently one from the other... The one on the left looks "centered" and the one on the right looks more towards the outer edge.
And the headstock Diamond inlay, which looks correct for a Burny on the left, is smaller on the guitar on the right...

Just my own personal observation...

the headstock and inlays I noticed myself..but man, you're keen!

I didn't notice the volume knob, toggle and tailpiece location.

Price? I scored the one on the right for almost $400, but the pots and PUs, tailpiece and TOM weren't original anymore. I had to order gotoh wares for that and replace the Korean PUs with a pair of Vh(i don't know what model) from my Super Grade before I traded her for the one on the left.

Latest posts

Back