NGD: Fujigen Orville LP Std plaintop

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Washington Irving

Reaction score
Hi
thanks to what I learnt here I was finally able to buy a fairly decent Les Paul. Thank you :) I imported it from Japan. I don't know what was worse - the 2 month wait, or the import taxes I paid ;). But it was worth it.
Pickups are stock, it has a long tenon, no FEB.

hi!

very nice orville!!! can you tell me how much did you paid for the guitar and the package ?

bartek

That's a really good price, now on allegro there are two orville Lp's but their price is over 3000zł

but thery are not as beautifull as your lp !!! : )

all in all I ended up paying 2800 for it, so.. Well yeah, it's still a good price compared to 3300 you have to pay when you buy from H-R Guitars ;)

But - the sellers on allegro never differentiate between low end K-series orvilles and better ones like mine. Mine was made in Fujigen (not in Terada, which is said to be not as good), has a long, one piece neck tenon, while the ones on allegro.. you never know.

Washington Irving said:
Mine was made in Fujigen (not in Terada, which is said to be not as good), has a long, one piece neck tenon, while the ones on allegro.. you never know.

That is false.
Fujigen/Terada are of the same high quality.

Princess-Isabela said:
Washington Irving said:
Mine was made in Fujigen (not in Terada, which is said to be not as good), has a long, one piece neck tenon, while the ones on allegro.. you never know.

That is false.

In your opinion? :wink:

How would you explain the two piece necks on some Terada models? There was a thread about it just recently, and the theory has been put that it is only the Terada built guitars that have this (admittedly there was only a small sample of guitars examined).

Using multiple pieces of wood in a Les Paul neck or body is usually done to cut costs, it doesn't really help people to think "high quality". However, I would guess that the build quality is probably just as good as Fujigen.

Also, nobody really knows whether more pieces of wood in a neck or body affect the tone much, or maybe not at all.

Some people prefer Fujigen models, some Teradas.
It cannot be easily said which one is better because it depends largely on particular model of the guitar, they're both of high quality.

JVsearch said:
Princess-Isabela said:
Washington Irving said:

That is false.

In your opinion? :wink:

How would you explain the two piece necks on some Terada models? There was a thread about it just recently, and the theory has been put that it is only the Terada built guitars that have this (admittedly there was only a small sample of guitars examined).

Using multiple pieces of wood in a Les Paul neck or body is usually done to cut costs, it doesn't really help people to think "high quality". However, I would guess that the build quality is probably just as good as Fujigen.

Also, nobody really knows whether more pieces of wood in a neck or body affect the tone much, or maybe not at all.

Well...mines a terrada with a 3 piece body and neck heel cap and it sounds fantastic. Super resonant with round tone.

I do believe you probably better your chances of getting a great guitar by keeping the pieces to a minimum but there are exceptions.

Back