Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help me with my japanese guitar brands!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaliko64
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Please help me with my japanese guitar brands!! Reply with quote

hey guys i just got into the world of made in japan lawsuit guitars and i wanted to learn more about which brands stand out the most i recently lost a bid in ebay for a pearl les paul copy that i had my heart set on. so now im determined to get my hands on one. i now know of greco, burny, tiesco, pearl, and of course tokai. what i was looking for is a really good, heavy, set neck sunburst les paul copy. i want to know more brands so i can look em up on ebay or something else, thanks guys any bit will help.
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Please help me with my japanese guitar brands!! Reply with quote

kaliko64 wrote:
hey guys i just got into the world of made in japan lawsuit guitars and i wanted to learn more about which brands stand out the most i recently lost a bid in ebay for a pearl les paul copy that i had my heart set on. so now im determined to get my hands on one. i now know of greco, burny, tiesco, pearl, and of course tokai. what i was looking for is a really good, heavy, set neck sunburst les paul copy. i want to know more brands so i can look em up on ebay or something else, thanks guys any bit will help.

Quick guide to early '80's Japanese Les Pauls

Tokai - All great guitars bottom of the range LS50 to top of the range LS200

Greco - beware pre 1980 guitars, post 1980 range from OK to excellent depending on model

Burny - as Greco

Navigator - all top quality

Orville/Orville by Gibson - very good to great depending on model

Tiesco, Pearl - take your chances, a lot of not so great guitars out there

Use the search function there's a load of info on the forum, but it will take a long time to get through it all. Good luck
kaliko64
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man, I appreciate it
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Edwards, Bacchus, Grandy, Fresher,
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
Don't forget Edwards, Bacchus, Grandy, Fresher,

Edwards & Bacchus both make excellent guitars, but are newer brands than those mentioned above

Grandy - Tokai made
Fresher - don't have any idea about
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: