Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Bacchus Strat.....I'm excited
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozgrecofanatic
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: It's HERE!! Yippeee... Reply with quote

Ok guys it arrived....

First things first it appears NEW. Not a mark on it anywhere. The neck is a satin finish. The neck plate is blank!! It's Torino Red as I checked a Fender catalogue and it looks exactly the same. It is very light, about 7 pounds for you imperial people. The neck is a short radius a la 62' reissue. The sound is spiky, Strattty and somehow tactile. Acoustically is is very zingy, resonant and bright. There is a MUCH more pleasant sound that my MIJ 62' reissues that I thought were so good!! The body really vibrates when strumming.

Tonight I'm gigging with my band so I'll give it a good run and see how it performs in a band situation. I must confess my luthier who set it up was most impressed with the build quality and all the hardware. CTS pots, cloth wiring, Switcraft etc.

Will let you guys know....

Dave[/img]
ozgrecofanatic
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Bacchus Strat post-gig Reply with quote

Alright!!

Did the gig Saturday night and I took along my new friend Mr. Bacchus plus my MIJ '62 Reissue and my Epiphone Semi...

My impressions of the Bacchus are that it is quite different to my other Strat, or indeed any other Strats I've played. Very nice satin neck which I really liked, and the pickups are obviously a higher output. Someone here said that the Yuta ones were along similar tonal lines as Texas Specials but I've never played them so....

Not as "sparkly" as my othere MIJ Strats but far "beefier" with a distinct edge. The crunch setting was just fantastic! I had my drive on the Deville set at about 2 1/2 and simply backed off the pick attack for slightly cleaner tones when needed. I really like this guitar on that setting with a boost for solos. The distorted sound is also worlds away from some flabby Strats I've played. Muscular yet edgy and throaty at the same time.

When I can I'll post some decent photos but I can say at this time it is the best $850 I've ever spent! It looks as though it has never been played! Does anyone here know what market these were pitched to? Were they expensive at the time of release....what a guitar!
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news!
Glad you like it, and satin finish on necks should be the norm IMO, or oil finish - plays like it's worn in even when new.

Your Strat would be just the same build quality as the Vintage series I expect. Two piece body and steel trem block?
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good description of it.... they are beefier sounding than any strat I've ever played.
DaveWW
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for mine - won't be long now Hopefully before the New Year. Bore you all with a new thread and lots of new pic's when it comes.

Let's see some pic's of yours ozgrecofanatic

Dave
ozgrecofanatic
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVsearch wrote:
Great news!
Glad you like it, and satin finish on necks should be the norm IMO, or oil finish - plays like it's worn in even when new.

Your Strat would be just the same build quality as the Vintage series I expect. Two piece body and steel trem block?

Yes 2 piece Alder body and steel trem block. I believe Nitro finish too so it's not a cheap copy....
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beefy is a good word to describe the Yuta's, my favourite strat pickups!!
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozgrecofanatic wrote:
JVsearch wrote:
Great news!

Yes 2 piece Alder body and steel trem block. I believe Nitro finish too so it's not a cheap copy....

Good stuff, but it will most likely be nitro top coat only (just like a real Fender)
There may be some special order Bacchus guitars that have a full nitro finish, but all the normal production guitars are nitro over poly.
Diodibuh
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we told you you'll love it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: