New Bacchus Strat.....I'm excited

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shamrock-win.jpg

Dangerous John

Diodibuh said:
shamrock-win.jpg

Dangerous John

Unless surfing the internet gets you ripped I'll never look like that :D

Dave & Srecko if getting rid of a few Bacchi will help I'll volunteer to take a few off your hands, we'll start with the BST-54 and the goldtop!!

Further to my new Strat, I found another one just like it on Rinkya and it also has no logo on the headstock. The price however was a bit of an eye opener!! :eek:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpage4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp%2Fjp%2Fauction%2Fd101089124

This makes me much more confident that this was a run made by Bacchus that had no logo but the primary question is WHEN and why no logo? The actual specifications look quite outstanding!

ozgrecofanatic said:
Further to my new Strat, I found another one just like it on Rinkya and it also has no logo on the headstock. The price however was a bit of an eye opener!! :eek:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpage4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp%2Fjp%2Fauction%2Fd101089124

This makes me much more confident that this was a run made by Bacchus that had no logo but the primary question is WHEN and why no logo? The actual specifications look quite outstanding!

That one is new. Bacchus are still mking no logo strats as shop orders, Hisashi had a run of them not so long ago.

Yeah it said new and the same seller has another one on there in Inca Silver. I was really wondering how long the "no logo" ones were made for and when they started. It was also a relief to see other "no logo" ones so it reinforces the belief that the one I bought is genuine.

Thanks John!

ozgrecofanatic said:
Yeah it said new and the same seller has another one on there in Inca Silver. I was really wondering how long the "no logo" ones were made for and when they started. It was also a relief to see other "no logo" ones so it reinforces the belief that the one I bought is genuine.

Thanks John!

They are continually being made since about 2006 when the official Vintage Series was discontinued. Bacchus had started to get more well known outside Japan and that would bring the attention of Fender to bear on their copyright infringing Strats, so, no logos. "Official" Bacchus BST models have a different headstock shape now. Shops are still able to do small runs of BST models with the clone headstock but not with the Bacchus logo it seems.

It looks like they don't put the Bacchus neck plate on them either, so if yours is like that there should be a mark in the neck pocket to identify it.

Of course you can still buy a clone Strat with a Bacchus logo, but it would be by special order only, and maybe only through somebody with a connection to the company (Japanese dealer).

I always thought yours was genuine, but not an old one. We'll see be able to be sure when we see it.

:)

Ok guys it arrived....

First things first it appears NEW. Not a mark on it anywhere. The neck is a satin finish. The neck plate is blank!! :eek: It's Torino Red as I checked a Fender catalogue and it looks exactly the same. It is very light, about 7 pounds for you imperial people. The neck is a short radius a la 62' reissue. The sound is spiky, Strattty and somehow tactile. Acoustically is is very zingy, resonant and bright. There is a MUCH more pleasant sound that my MIJ 62' reissues that I thought were so good!! The body really vibrates when strumming.

Tonight I'm gigging with my band so I'll give it a good run and see how it performs in a band situation. I must confess my luthier who set it up was most impressed with the build quality and all the hardware. CTS pots, cloth wiring, Switcraft etc.

Will let you guys know....

Dave[/img]

Alright!!

Did the gig Saturday night and I took along my new friend Mr. Bacchus plus my MIJ '62 Reissue and my Epiphone Semi...

My impressions of the Bacchus are that it is quite different to my other Strat, or indeed any other Strats I've played. Very nice satin neck which I really liked, and the pickups are obviously a higher output. Someone here said that the Yuta ones were along similar tonal lines as Texas Specials but I've never played them so....

Not as "sparkly" as my othere MIJ Strats but far "beefier" with a distinct edge. The crunch setting was just fantastic! I had my drive on the Deville set at about 2 1/2 and simply backed off the pick attack for slightly cleaner tones when needed. I really like this guitar on that setting with a boost for solos. The distorted sound is also worlds away from some flabby Strats I've played. Muscular yet edgy and throaty at the same time.

When I can I'll post some decent photos but I can say at this time it is the best $850 I've ever spent! It looks as though it has never been played! Does anyone here know what market these were pitched to? Were they expensive at the time of release....what a guitar! :D

Great news! :D
Glad you like it, and satin finish on necks should be the norm IMO, or oil finish - plays like it's worn in even when new.

Your Strat would be just the same build quality as the Vintage series I expect. Two piece body and steel trem block?

Still waiting for mine - won't be long now :D Hopefully before the New Year. Bore you all with a new thread and lots of new pic's when it comes. :lol:

Let's see some pic's of yours ozgrecofanatic :D

Dave

JVsearch said:
Glad you like it, and satin finish on necks should be the norm IMO, or oil finish - plays like it's worn in even when new.

Your Strat would be just the same build quality as the Vintage series I expect. Two piece body and steel trem block?

Yes 2 piece Alder body and steel trem block. I believe Nitro finish too so it's not a cheap copy....

ozgrecofanatic said:
JVsearch said:

Yes 2 piece Alder body and steel trem block. I believe Nitro finish too so it's not a cheap copy....

Good stuff, but it will most likely be nitro top coat only (just like a real Fender) :lol:
There may be some special order Bacchus guitars that have a full nitro finish, but all the normal production guitars are nitro over poly.

Latest posts

Back